Father’s Day picnic spots! I know. I always recommend taking Father’s Day outdoors. Please don’t limit yourself to this list! It’s just to get the ideas going. Pick somewhere close or go for a road trip. Just get outdoors!
Beaches, kids and Dads are made for each other. There are playgrounds on the sand at:
- Aliso Beach Park
- San Clemente North Beach
- Laguna Beach Main Playground
- Peninsula Park Playground near Balboa Pier
- Eisenhower Park in Seal Beach
Set yourself up to play with views of the shore at:
- Pines Park in San Clemente
- Lang Park in Laguna Beach
- Village Green Park in Laguna Beach
- Lantern Bay Park in Dana Point
- Harriet Wieder Regional Park in Huntington Beach
Go for a nature walk at:
- Niguel Botanical Preserve in Crown Valley Community Park
- Oso Creek Trail in Mission Viejo
- Huntington Beach Central Park
- Check CA Open Space for more trail ideas
Easy picnic ideas:
- Read my post about How to Barbecue Near the Beach
- Bag of baby carrots and some hummus for dipping
- Pumpernickel pretzels and pub cheese for dipping (TJs)
- Pineapple spears (Costco)
- Ready-made salads and sandwiches/wraps from the refrigerator section (TJs)
- Some vintage sodas or low-cal lemonade (TJs)
- Foot-long, ready-made sandwiches from the deli case (Ralphs, Albertsons, etc.) usually only $6.99 and feeds everybody.
- I’ve even seen people have pizza delivered for a picnic! Anything goes!
I love the TJs soft-sided coolers for easy packing. Don’t forget towels or picnic blankets. (Can you tell I love TJs?) Happy Father’s Day to all the dads who take their kids out to play all year long!