Welcome! I'm so glad you are here, but if you are doing your part it means you are staying at home. Keep doing what you are supposed to be doing for the good of public health! Always adhere to official guidelines.
Main Beach Park Laguna stands sheltered under a beautiful fig tree, this beachfront playground is a must-play stop on any trip to the downtown shopping and restaurant area of Laguna Beach. Families from all over Orange County specifically choose to frequent this beach, because the location offers amenities for kids AND adults. On my recent trip, we were lucky enough to witness several dolphins dancing in the surf. Stroll along the boardwalk and window shop all day until it’s time to dust off those sandy feet and head for home.
Location:The 133/Laguna Canyon Road is reachable from the 5 and 405 freeways. It turns into Broadway and dead-ends into Pacific Coast Highway. The playground is just a block or two to the south of Broadway. Parking is a bear – especially during the summer and holiday weekends. Find it where you can and plan to walk. MAP to Main Beach Park Laguna
- Brand-new playground structure as of April 2013
- Bring sand toys! Bring a towel! Bring a change of clothes!
- The new playground matches the real-life iconic lifeguard tower on the beach
- Read about proper tidepool etiquette and get a little preview of life in the tidal zone from interpretive panels
- Bridges, climbers (kelp wall & walk the plank style), ladders, pedestals and slides — all ocean-themed
- Small double slide, twisty slide, and a FAST and tall windy slide
- Great place to wear the kids out before a restaurant meal – or take them after to burn some energy
- Main Beach Toys & Games is very near the playground offering toys and beach rentals
- Parking is especially an issue during the summer and coming down Laguna Canyon Road can be busy during the summer art festivals
- Playground can be extremely busy – making it hard to keep track of multiple children. It’s a little better with this new playground but it’s still extremely busy.
- Only 2 baby swings – be prepared for a line.
- Watch your head! You might need to climb around with your child on the bottom level and the ceiling is very low – so watch your head.
- Plan to spend some time (searching for) and possibly $$ on parking
- Sand play surface
- Bathrooms nearby – shared with the rest of the beach-goers
- Nice shade from fig tree
- Plenty of spots for parents to sit while watching the kids
- Nice grassy area for a picnic – or head down a few steps to the beach
- Check Heal the Bay Beach Report Card for latest water quality.
- Official City of Laguna Beach interactive park map
- Useful beach info for scuba divers
- Laguna Beach Visitor Center website
- Protected marine life information
Nearby beaches and parks: