Lang Park sets a playful scene featuring “Music of the Spheres” by Nancy Mooslin – the steel rainbow sculptures swirling above this hidden jewel opposite the Montage. Memorialized in a small plaque, Frederick Lang was a notable Laguna Beach landscape architect.
How to Get to Lang Park in Laguna Beach: Off Pacific Coast Highway in Laguna Beach directly across the street from the Montage and Treasure Island Park on Wesley. MAP to Lang Park in Laguna Beach
Recommended by: Robin
- Completely fenced in park and playground
- INCREDIBLE ocean view
- Very cool on a hot day since it’s across the street from the Montage Resort. Can be foggy/cooler in mornings.
- Toddler-size play structure has small picnic table built-in for playing “kitchen,” chimes, and an fun ocean accents – completely shaded structure
- Older kid structure also shaded and near amphitheater steps
- Swings for all ages
- Expansive grass area for playing/flying kites
- Also half court for basketball and one fenced-in tennis court
- Small parking lot and metered street parking is very full on weekends in the afternoon due to being across from the beach and Montage
- Very nice woman (regular) and her grocery cart typically here in the morning/early afternoon hours during the weekdays
- Street parking is metered and full on prime beach visiting times. Shares parking lot with private preschool and Lang Community Center. There are reserved spaces for the teacher on weekdays. The rest of the spots have a 3 hour max at $1/hour between 8am and 7pm every day. The street meters are $1.50/hour – also with a 3 hour max.
- Bark under swings / Recycled rubber and sand under structures
- Typical beach bathrooms, nothing fancy
- Usually shade covering the bench and most of both play structures. No shade on picnic tables or swings. Nice shade under sycamore planter.
- Very easy to supervise multiple kids
- 3 picnic tables and 1 bench, but amphitheater seating around older child play structure 3 levels deep
- Ruby’s Diner up the street for fun kid dining.
- Official City of Laguna Beach website for Lang Park
- Nearest public library: Orange County Public Library branches in Laguna Beach and Dana Point