Village Green Park sits tucked into a neighborhood behind the NEApolitan Pizza on Pacific Coast Highway. It’s completely fenced and dog-friendly. I love all the history behind this park. Read all about it on the tree trunk plaque.
Location: Turn onto Catalina from Pacific Coast Highway. It’s just north of the Mission Hospital Laguna Beach which serves as a major landmark for me when I’m driving. MAP to Village Green Park in Laguna Beach
Recommended by: Stephanie
- Ocean breezes and ocean view always put playgrounds at the top of my list. Sunsets must be amazing.
- Restaurants close by – grab an expresso or a slice at NEApolitan Pizza and Birreria before visiting the park or get a take-out picnic. Papas Tacos is only a few more steps away to the south.
- Love that the park is fenced off and you get the feel that you are in someone’s backyard. A true California feel with the varnished picnic tables and native plants.
- One bench swing and one baby swing. Like the slide connecting upper and lower parts of playground.
- NO restrooms
- Parking is very limited (but that’s true of most of Laguna Beach).
- I wouldn’t let your kids go rolling around on the grass. Did I mention it’s popular with pets?
- I thought the play structures weren’t ideal for littlest ones. Lots of unprotected drops and high steps. (But just bring sand toys and use the baby swing).
- Parking on the street
- Recycled rubber, bark, and sand play surfaces
- NO restrooms
- Shade in the picnic area, but you’re by the beach so it’s relatively cool
- Ideal for viewing multiple kids. If you want to sit and watch – it’s definitely do-able here.
- Picnic tables and grills available for barbecues.
- Official City of Laguna Beach website for Village Green Park
- Nearest public library: Orange County Public Library branches in Laguna Beach and Dana Point