Pico Park in San Clemente is right below the Outlets at San Clemente. It’s a compact little park with some challenging climbers, a basketball court, picnic area and restrooms right nearby.
But the best part is that it’s a gateway to the “nature” nearby because you and your kids can access the Sea Summit Trail from the back of the park. It’s a great outdoor space for family exploring.
How to Get to Pico Park in San Clemente: Exit I-405 at Avenida Pico and head towards the beach. Right before Pacific Coast Highway, turn right into the parking lot. (Address: 315 Avenida Pico, San Clemente) MAP TO PICO PARK IN SAN CLEMENTE
- Ocean views from the playground!
- Picnic area and restrooms are very close by playground with benches for viewing
- Best for climbers – lots of places to climb and travel across playground
- Awesome weather since it’s close to the beach
- Access to the Sea Summit Trail via accessible trail – easy to walk to the bridge which leads to the non-accessible part of the trail
- Only a small number of parking spaces in the lot – so use the North Beach parking lot if it’s full.
- Not a busy parking lot, but the playground and basketball court are near it (so watch for stray balls and wanderers)
- Slippery when sand gets on the recycled rubber
- Small kid playground not very separate from big kid playground
- No swings
- No shade over playground
- Dedicated parking lot
- Play surface: recycled rubber and sand
- Full court basketball (lights available)
- Both 5-12 year old and 2-5 year old play structures
- No swings
- Shaded picnic area with charcoal barbecues
- Official City of San Clemente web page for Pico Park
- More official City of San Clemente park information (reservations, etc.)
- Nearest public library branch: San Clemente Public Library
Originally published in September 2016.