Ahhh, winter break. Time for being with family, sleeping in, and maybe some extra adventures? The ones that take a little more time and are a little more special?
- Take a local train trip
- Visit El Dorado Nature Center on an island
- Play at Heritage Park Play Island in Cerritos
- Page 22 of Kidsguide has all the Tubing and Sledding spots in our local mountains
- Go to the OC Zoo in Irvine Regional Park to see local rehabilitated wildlife
- Heck! Go to Irvine Regional Park and spend all day exploring the trails and FOUR playgrounds. You might even find the extra time to rent a bike?
- Choose one of FIVE family walks in Orange County
- Check one of TEN park travel guides to discover overnight destinations
- Tour all the OC play places for train lovers
- Tour all the accessible parks in Orange County — or visit Shane’s Inspiration website to find inclusive playground in LA
- Sit by the stream in Turtle Rock Community Park
- Visit a FREE local nature center — and make a small donation while you’re there
- Fall in love with a garden or take in an aquarium
- Wonder at winter surf and sand play
- Research a nature-themed road trip for 2016
And don’t forget to visit the Irvine Adventure Playground which just opened December 12th!
A few more events to enjoy over Winter Break:
- Winterfest OC (Costa Mesa)
- Special Offers at The Triangle restaurants after Winterfest OC (Costa Mesa)
- Winter Wonderfest and Science of Gingerbread at Discovery Cube OC (Santa Ana)
Need more ideas? Read my post from 2012: What to Do Over Winter Break?
Photos: #1-Balboa Park, San Diego; #2-Turtle Rock Community Park; #3-Ventura, CA