Welcome! I'm so glad you are here, but if you are doing your part it means you are staying at home. Keep doing what you are supposed to be doing for the good of public health! Always adhere to official guidelines.
It’s relatively easy to map walking routes for stroller walks around lakes in OC, if you have the right tools.
I create my own personal routes on MapMyWalk.com to learn distances. I can set the app to map my walk as I’m walking OR I can select routes ahead of time and keep them in my own personal library. I don’t even have to have a SmartPhone to do this, I can sign in to the website and map walks with markers while sitting at my desktop.
- Go to “Create Route” and type in the park you want to map
- A “Distance” window will pop up on the map.
- De-select the button that says “Auto Follow Roads” – otherwise it will keep bouncing your markers off the sidewalks to the nearest street
- Proceed to map your route and calculate the distance
- You can save your routes, but pay attention to all the privacy notices (private, friends, public)
Lake Mission Viejo
Distance = 3.2 miles
Route around Lake Mission Viejo
Rancho Santa Margarita Lake (Private Lake for RSM Residents only)
Distance = 1 mile
Route around Rancho Santa Margarita Lake
Woodbridge Lake (North Lake in front of Ruby’s in Irvine)
Distance = 1 mile
Route around Woodbridge Lake
Heritage Park Lake in Irvine – Lake Loops
Distance of Lake Loop = .22 miles Route around Heritage Park Lake in Irvine
Distance of Longer Loop = .57 miles Route around Heritage Park Longer Loop
More info about Heritage Park Irvine
Mile Square Regional Park (2 lakes) Fountain Valley – Pay entrance fee
Combine any of the routes to make for a longer walk.
Small Lake Loop = .31 miles Route for Small Lake Loop
Palm Island Lake Loop = .57 miles Route for Palm Island Lake Loop
Walk from Lake-to-Lake = 2.7 miles (out and back) Route for Lake-to-Lake Route
More info on Mile Square Regional Park
Walnut Canyon Reservoir Loop Anaheim
Distance = 2.1 miles Route around Reservoir
Craig Regional Park Fullerton – Pay entrance fee
Distance = 1.38 miles (Route for Loop around Craig Regional Park)
More info about Craig Regional Park
More routes to be added soon:
- Clark Regional Park (Buena Park)
- Brea Canyon Regional Park
- Irvine Regional Park (Orange)
- Mason Regional Park (Irvine)
We like to walk and take slow nature hikes, but I’m not the expert. Check out these five SoCal walkers/hikers/explorers for even more measurements and details:
What tools do you use? Or do you just get out there and walk for fun?