William Mason Regional Park is a massive park near UC Irvine and the Turtle Rock neighborhood of Irvine.
It’s especially good for families who want to take long strolls/bike rides on winding sidewalks beneath towering sycamores.
The park is relatively flat, so perfect for young riders.
My favorite time to visit is sunset.
Directions to Mason Regional Park in Irvine: Between Culver Drive, University Drive, and Harvard Avenue winds around it. Very near Tanaka Farms and the San Joaquin Golf Course. MAP to Mason Regional Park in Irvine
- Beautiful lake with waterfowl and nice walking paths – for more adventure, cross Culver and walk along wetland paths
- There are 3 play areas scattered throughout the park, but the largest and most updated is to the left when you reach the T-intersection driving in.
- Two structures make up this brilliant blue play area with: baby swings, a teeter totter, tons of slides (one tunnel slide with a window), and a fun fish – bridging one side of the structure to another
- Great for all ages. Easy viewing of multiple kids from benches.
- Fun hill for rolling down near the play area
- Fee for parking unless you have an Orange County Parks pass
- Definitely prefer play area mentioned above – there’s a very small one near the one mentioned above (but closer to street) and one to the right of the entrance towards the back of the park (too secluded for me)
- Don’t feed the ducks – it can cause botulism outbreaks
- Parking is in the county fee-based parking lot. During peak season it’s $3.00 on weekdays and $5.00 on weekends. Check official OC Parks website for more info.
- Sand and recycled rubber play surface
- Restrooms and drinking fountains nearby playground
- Lots of trees in the park, but not much shade over playground
- Picnic tables and grills everywhere – many under shaded gazebos. Official OCParks.com reservation sytem for picnic areas.
Originally published in January 2009.
Tuesday 8th of July 2014
I'm looking for a place to do a wedding luncheon; low-key; a gazebo and tables to seat 60. Do you have something like that,, that I can reserve? I need it for the late afternoon on July 18. 2014
Wednesday 9th of July 2014
Julienne - you can view and reserve all the picnic areas on the official OCParks.com reservation site.
Friday 23rd of January 2009
We have been here twice in the past couple weeks and I did a write up on my blog about it. I love the lake with all the sailboats. It is so pretty.