Aurora Park in Mission Viejo was such a surprise when I first visited this park between Marguerite Parkway and Alicia Parkway in June of 2009.
We went there for a playgroup at the end of the school year with our preschool friends. We stayed for 2+ hours! Once we were done playing on the playground, we headed for a nice walk below the park on a sidewalk loop.
I now regularly return to walk the loop around the park and the playground is just as fun for kids.
How to Get to Aurora Park in Mission Viejo: Drive up Alicia Parkway toward the foothills. Turn right on Aurora Drive and make a quick left onto Via Gaudix. The park is ahead on your right. OR take Marguerite Parkway going north and turn left onto Via Gaudix. (Address: 23202 Gaudix, Mission Viejo) MAP to Aurora Park in Mission Viejo
- Generally nice feel – landscaped seating area, surrounded by oaks and sycamores, feels secluded and cozy, easy to view kids and keep track of multiple children
- Yellow taxi cab seems to the highlight, as well as the swings
- Natural exploration – we loved the nature trail behind and below the playground
- 2 baby swings, 2 bench swings
- View of Saddleback above the soccer field
- This structures have arches over the ladders and walkways – no problem for the kids – but I ALWAYS hit my head on these!
- Heard about a red ant attack on the grass by the basketball court (daughter was sitting in the grass and the ants bit her). Again, just be aware.
- Parking on Via Guadix
- Sand and recycled rubber play surface
- NO restrooms, but there is a drinking fountain
- Not much shade on the playground, but there’s trees nearby
- Easy to view kids
- Half basketball court
- Soccer field
- Picnic area overlooking the oak grove trail
- Picnic tables at the park
- Official City of Mission Viejo information about picnic shelter reservations
- Official City of Mission Viejo page about Aurora Park
Parks Nearby Aurora Park in Mission Viejo:
Originally published in June 2009.