Aurora Park in Mission Viejo was such a surprise when I first visited this park between Marguerite Parkway and Alicia Parkway in June of 2009. We went there for a playgroup at the end of the school year with our preschool friends. We stayed for 2+ hours! Once we were done playing on the playground, we headed for a nice walk below the park on a sidewalk loop. I now regularly return to walk the loop around the park and the playground is just as fun for kids.
Location of Aurora Park in Mission Viejo: Drive up Alicia Parkway toward the foothills. Turn right on Aurora Drive and make a quick left onto Via Gaudix. The park is ahead on your right. OR take Marguerite Parkway going north and turn left onto Via Gaudix. MAP to Aurora Park in Mission Viejo
- Generally nice feel – landscaped seating area, surrounded by oaks and sycamores, feels secluded and cozy, easy to view kids and keep track of multiple children
- Yellow taxi cab seems to the highlight, as well as the swings
- Natural exploration – we loved the nature trail behind and below the playground
- 2 baby swings, 2 bench swings
- View of Saddleback above the soccer field
- This structures have arches over the ladders and walkways – no problem for the kids – but I ALWAYS hit my head on these!
- Heard about a red ant attack on the grass by the basketball court (daughter was sitting in the grass and the ants bit her). Again, just be aware.
- Parking on Via Guadix
- Sand and recycled rubber play surface
- NO restrooms, but there is a drinking fountain
- Not much shade on the playground, but there’s trees nearby
- Easy to view kids
- Half basketball court
- Soccer field
- Picnic area overlooking the oak grove trail
- Picnic tables at the park
- Official City of Mission Viejo information about park reservations
- Official City of Mission Viejo interactive park map
Parks Nearby Aurora Park in Mission Viejo:
Originally published in June 2009.