Valyermo Park came to us by way of Michelle. This is a small Mission Viejo neighborhood park between Trabuco and Jeronimo on the north/south and between Alicia and Marguerite on the east/west. Michelle wanted to “submit a review on a smaller park in the interest of adding some variety for the area SAHM’s that are looking for different spots, even if they’re not super-exciting.”
Location: Exit Interstate 5 at Alicia Parkway. Drive toward the foothills (away from the mall) and turn right on Trabuco Road. Turn left onto Valyermo Drive. The park will be on your left. MAP to Valyermo Park in Mission Viejo
Recommended by: Michelle Mills, OC Moms group facilitator (her recommendation was so amazing I’m just duplicating it word-for-word)
- Quiet residential park with extra-close wide-open street parking.
- There is a single multilevel play structure (not brand new but in good condition) which is easily navigated by moms with little ones thanks to the wide walkways.
- White plastic slides manage to stay cool to touch in the sun. Top level of play structure has spiral slide; lower level has double side-by-side slides.
- 2 toddler swings plus 2 regular swings
- Unusual balance beam-type play structure that is encased with a rubber cylinder.
- The top level of has open step-off to ladders on both sides, so you will want to be up there with a small child. Otherwise it’s appropriate for all ages.
- Main play structure is not shaded and not too far from street (but at least it is a quiet residential street).
- NO restrooms
- On-street parking
- Sand play surface
- NO restrooms
- A few mature trees provide naturally shaded flat grassy area for kids to run around away from the play structure.
- Naturally shaded picnic bench from which moms can see kids anywhere in park.
- Basketball half-court with new surface and a ball field.