Barcelona Park in Mission Viejo is a nice, small neighborhood park perfect for toddlers.
It has the biggest “Little Tykes” playground I’ve ever seen. It’s like they super-sized those backyard play sets into a colorful playground.
Directions to Barcelona Park in Mission Viejo: Exit I-5 at Alicia Parkway and travel towards the foothills. At Muirlands, turn left (to get to Los Alisos Blvd.). Turn right onto Los Alisos and continue traveling uphill past Trabuco. Turn right on Via Noveno and turn right again on Via Santa Maria. The park is above the street on the left. MAP TO BARCELONA PARK IN MISSION VIEJO
- It’s in a nice neighborhood and feels very peaceful
- It’s quiet and away from the street
- Unique because of the Little Tykes equipment. I thought it was perfect for toddler age.
- Big sand volleyball court behind the playground
- Nice shade from sycamore trees lining the sidewalks and those signature white rose bushes at many Mission Viejo parks
- Clubhouse area was fun for my daughter who pretended it was a fix-it shop
- There’s an elementary school which backs up to the park and could make it busy and pick-up and drop-off.
- Not so great for kids older than 4 or 5 — unless you bring a ball or frisbee to play on the grass.
- NO restrooms
- NO swings
- Parking on the street
- Play surface: sand
- NO restrooms
- Drinking fountain near the playground
- Sand volleyball court
- Soccer field
- Picnic area and benches right near the playground and mostly shaded by big trees
- Official City of Mission Viejo information about Barcelona Park
- Nearest public libraries: Mission Viejo or Foothill Ranch or Rancho Santa Margarita (none are very close to this park)
Originally posted in August 2011.
Thursday 4th of August 2011
Ah, my old elementary school! How nice!: )