Mission Viejo parks come in all shapes and sizes. We literally stumbled upon Seville Park as our family hiked along Los Alisos Boulevard meandering around and through the Wilderness Glen trails. There’s a long swath of open space and trails along Los Alisos which are pretty kid-friendly.
Location: Near Los Alisos Boulevard and Trabuco Road in Mission Viejo. Seville Park and Wilderness Glen Park run together along Los Alisos. To park right outside Seville Park, take Trabuco and turn onto Modesto Drive. Take the second right to Alturas the park will be directly in front of you. Park on the street where the road curves. MAP to Seville Park in Mission Viejo
- Perfect for picnics
- The big kid structure has lots of climbing and a couple small slides. The kids seemed to be drawn to angled parallel bars where they could hook their legs and slide down.
- Located right along the open space with lots of sycamore nearby and a small lawn area (great for rolling down the hill). If you’d rather hike along the trails, park off Via Noveno or Vista Del Lago. They are not so easy to reach from Seville.
- It’s a small neighborhood park with a great feel. I liked the lush landscaping and small scale.
- 2 bench swings, 2 baby swings
- NO restrooms
- Not the best for very young kids because they’d be drawn to the big kid equipment which has lots of drop-offs. My 4yo wanted to slide down those bars and it was a bit awkward to help. Kids who lived in the neighborhood had it mastered.
- Trails not super-accessible from here. I’d suggest parking further up Los Alisos.
- The grassy area looked like it might be a nightime hangout for teenagers – so give it a look before you send the kids there to play.
- Parking on the street
- Mostly sand play surface with some recycled rubber
- NO restrooms
- Drinking fountain
- Picnic tables and a nice bench seating area
- Easy to view the kids, but you’d need to supervise little ones on the big equipment
Tuesday 16th of March 2010
rofl - I was looking for travel information about Seville Spain - still i like the style of Highlights, be Aware and Checklist - a very good format for a travel/visiting ideas blog .-= Europeeno´s last blog ..Bath – Saucy and Nice =-.