Melinda Park in Mission Viejo sits right along Rancho Santa Margarita Parkway on the border of Mission Viejo and Rancho Santa Margarita. It has great views of Saddleback Mountain.
Directions to Melinda Park: Sits at the corner of Melinda and Rancho Santa Margarita Parkway. Melinda is between Alicia Parkway and Marguerite Parkway. It’s also reachable by taking Olympiad and turning onto Melinda. There is a small parking lot accessible off Melinda. [Address: 28951 Melinda Road, Mission Viejo] MAP to Melinda Park in Mission Viejo
Recommended by: Eva
- This park is easy to find and clean
- For some reason, I always return to this post in October – so maybe I should say that October is an awesome time to visit?
- I like that there are different slides available – twisty, 3 side-by-side, tunnel, and smaller slide for younger kids
- The big piece of play equipment has some challenging climbers but it doesn’t feel too tall
- There is a huge grass field for running around and playing ball
- 2 bench swings, 2 “swing with me” baby swings
- Massive covered picnic area makes it ideal for reunions or birthday parties
- The play area is huge and has equipment for toddlers and big kids
- Red standing teeter totter, ride-on motorcycle, and sit-on teeter totter are kid favorites
- Steel mesh benches/seating areas spread throughout play area and walkways
- Beautiful roses and sycamores surround the play and picnic areas
- Park is at the intersection of 2 busy streets, but the playground is set away from them
- Watch drop points on taller playground if your little one is really little
- I don’t know why – but it seems like every time I’m at this park the landscape crew is there, too. Maybe that’s why it always looks so pretty?
- Small dedicated parking lot off Melinda
- Recycled rubber and sand play surfaces
- Clean restrooms located very near the play area
- Half basketball court, soccer field, and baseball backstop
- Not a lot of shade on playground, but picnic gazebo and trees nearby
- Drinking fountains
- Easy to see kids from all points
- Large picnic gazebo and a few grills
- Official City of Mission Viejo link to reserve picnic shelters
- Official City of Mission Viejo information about the park
Parks Near Melinda Park:
Originally published in October 2009.