The playground equipment at Castille Park in Mission Viejo encourages children to use their imagination. You can take a ride in a spaceship and explore outer space. Dive down deep in your submarine and marvel at the wonders of the ocean. I had so much fun with my preschooler as he took me on all of his adventures. This is definitely a park we will be visiting often!
Location: From I-5 South exit Alicia Pkwy and make a left heading toward Mission Viejo. Make a right on Trabuco Road and your first left onto Via Victoria. Make a right onto Via El Rocio and your first left onto Via Oviedo. Castille Park is on your right hand side with parking on the street. (Address: 27032 Via Oviedo, Mission Viejo). MAP TO CASTILLE PARK IN MISSION VIEJO
- This neighborhood park is beautiful and peaceful. Mature trees offer plenty of shade and a variety of flowers add color to the play area.
- Sidewalk paths wind around the playground and adjacent grassy field. It’s a great place for bike and scooter riders to practice small hills and turns.
- The playground sand is the perfect texture for building sandcastles. Anytime my kids can dig and reach wet sand, I know we will be spending a good chunk of our time playing with our sand toys.
- There are two separate play areas: One is for preschool age and younger and the other is for kids 5 years and up.
- The big kid equipment has a fun, twisting slide and a side by side slide that is perfect for racing. There are monkey bars, a tic-tac-toe game, and a set of steering wheels to encourage play.
- The younger kid equipment offers a lady bug and frog bouncer which my preschooler loved. There are also side by side slides and a twisting ladder.
- The big kid play structure is very tall and there are a couple of openings at the top that made me nervous with my preschooler. Be prepared to follow your younger kids up the ladders!
- Since there are two separate play areas, it could be difficult to keep your eyes on multiple kids.
- Parking on the street
- Recycled rubber and sand play surfaces
- No swings
- No restrooms
- Drinking fountain
- Multiple picnic tables and benches are scattered throughout the park
- Two sand volleyball courts