Santa Vittoria Park in Laguna Hills is a shady oasis on a hot day. Nice shady trees and grassy hills make it feel lush. It’s quiet on the weekends when school is not in session.
Directions to Santa Vittoria Park: Moulton Parkway is a main thoroughfare from Irvine to Dana Point (it starts out as Irvine Center Drive, turns into Moulton, and finally turns into Golden Lantern which dead ends into Dana Point Harbor). From Interstate 5, exit at El Toro and turn right onto Moulton. After passing the golf course, turn left on Santa Maria Avenue before the Fresh & Easy shopping center. You will see the park on your right, but there is no parking on Santa Maria Avenue. So turn right onto Santa Vittoria Drive and make another right past the school onto Barbera where the park will be on your right. [Address: Corner of Santa Maria and Santa Vittoria] MAP TO SANTA VITTORIA PARK
- Tall trees and grassy hills make this park feel very peaceful on weekends when the school next door is not in session
- Everybody loves a tire swing!
- It’s a good spot if you have an older child who wants to play sand volleyball, handball or tennis while you are watching a little one at the playground. You can almost have your eyes on both (tennis court view is a little obstructed, but it’s fenced).
- Nice shade in the afternoon on most of the playground and the grassy areas
- The “big kid” area has a tire swing, about 4 slides, and some climbing apparatus
- The “little kid” area has a sandbox, small play equipment, and 2 baby swings
- Nice spot for a family picnic with a central picnic table in the shade or places to lay blankets in the grass
- Fun grassy hills for rolling down!
- Concrete benches, tree planters, and low walls for parents to sit and watch the action
- San Joaquin Elementary School is right next door, so this park is impacted by school traffic and much busier at drop-off and pick-up time
- NO restrooms
- No bench swings (only 2 baby swings)
- Streets on both ends of the park — bookended by a school and residential backyards
- Sand and recycled rubber play surface
- On street parking
- Drinking fountain
- Sand volleyball court
- Tennis court
- Handball court
- Official City of Laguna Hills park website
- Nearest public library: El Toro Branch of the Orange County Public Libraries