San Remo Park is a nice Laguna Hills neighborhood park to stop at if you have errands around the Laguna Hills- DMV area. The park may be small and simple but it lends itself to an easy and quick stop when your little ones have wiggles to get out. My 3 year old can’t read yet but he can tell you exactly what store we are at the moment we pull into the parking lot. “Mama, we at the Target with Starbucks again?” Since he doesn’t start preschool until next year, he gets the honor of being dragged on all my errands.
Location: From I-5 South, exit Irvine Center Drive and make a right. Continue on Irvine Center Drive until it becomes Moulton Pkwy. Right after the Moulton Parkway Plaza Shopping Center turn right onto Santa Maria Ave. Make a right on San Remo. Parking is on the street. MAP to San Remo Park in Laguna Hills
- The play equipment is definitely geared toward younger kids (preschool and younger). My 3 year old was happy that he could climb up and down all the ladders.
- There are a couple of small slides, a tic-tac-toe spinner, and curved and swirling ladders to climb. There is a baby swing and big kid swing.
- A small gazebo-like structure sits in one corner of the sand pit and provides nice shade for kids digging in the sand.
- NO restrooms
- The playground sits close to the street.
- Concrete ledges run parallel to steps leading to the play area. Watch for adventure seeking little ones testing their jumping skills.
- A combination of rubber play surface and sand
- NO restrooms
- Two picnic tables and two concrete benches surround the play area.
- A tennis court is available for public use but there is a sign stating the court may be closed for city recreation tennis lessons. A number is posted so you can call and check class schedules in advance. 949-707-2600
- Sand volleyball court (no net)