Veeh Ranch Park in Laguna Hills provides space for an easy play date. Most of the recommendations submitted to our site are big destination playgrounds. Veeh Ranch isn’t one of those. We also like to highlight nearby nature and playgrounds that might not get a lot of press elsewhere.
Location: Veeh Ranch Park is in the part of Laguna Hills near Lake Forest Drive bordering Lake Forest (near Wild Rivers and the research park). Take Interstate 5 and exit at Lake Forest Drive. Turn towards the ocean as if you were headed to Laguna Beach. Turn left onto Santa Vittoria near where Lake Forest Drive dead ends. The park will be ahead on your left. Park on the street. MAP TO VEEH RANCH PARK IN LAGUNA HILLS
Recommended by: Michelle and Sharlene
- Nature takes center stage at Veeh Ranch. Michelle says there’s “Beautiful trees, large green field, lots of birds, natural creek, quiet.“
- Sharlene adds, “It had a cute playground for little kids and a creek running nearby. Very tranquil and peaceful.”
- There’s not much to the play equipment: 2 structures with 3 slides total, a little clubhouse, and sundial.
- 2 bench swings, 2 baby swings
- Shaded sand box.
- Lots of picnic tables and benches near the play equipment.
- Basketball court.
- Michelle notes, “The natural creek is a fun place for older children to play, but since it is natural, there are no safety measures to prevent injury, as is normal.”
- There is no shade over playground equipment. Slides were already hot by 11am.
- The metal gazebo that shades the sand pit has chipped paint and rust. In fact, all the play equipment could use a power wash.
- I didn’t feel comfortable with my preschooler climbing the big kids equipment. The ladders were too high for me to help my little climber make it all the way up to the top.
- NO restroom
- Drinking fountain
- Sand and recycled rubber play surface
- Parking on the street
- Concrete picnic tables
- Nice full basketball court