Marblehead Park in San Clemente is right near Marblehead Elementary off Avenida Vista Hermosa. I’ve passed by it many times and always wanted to stop. The peek-a-boo views of the ocean were just as great as I expected.
Location: Exit I-5 at Avenida Vista Hermosa and head inland. The park is 4 streets up the hill on your right. Turn right on Via Turqueza and park along the street. MAP TO MARBLEHEAD PARK IN SAN CLEMENTE
- It’s right off the freeway and the directions are easy for meeting someone from San Diego
- It has an ocean and canyon view
- Restrooms right near the playground!
- There’s a short fitness sidewalk loop – not always within view of the playground
- The big kid equipment was good for climbing and the twisty slides felt high off the ground
- Merry-go-round and climbers
- My kids put on pretend shows at the shady amphitheater
- Full sun on playground, so it can be hot. A few trees near picnic table. We picnicked in the shade near the small amphitheater. (It can be cooler and overcast here, too – since it’s near the beach.)
- Upgraded play equipment in 2016.
- I have a feeling this place is busy at drop-off and pick-up times at the neighboring elementary school.
- No swings.
- Parking on the street
- Play surface: Bark and sand
- Drinking fountain and restroom right near the playground
- Picnic tables nearer to the little kid play equipment
- Fitness trail
- Lighted tennis courts and basketball courts
- Official San Clemente website
- Nearest public library branch: San Clemente Public Library (events calendar)
Originally posted in August 2011.