San Gorgonio Park in San Clemente has great ocean views. It’s hidden from the street, resting next to sports fields and baseball diamonds.
Directions to San Gorgonio Park: Near Shorecliff Golf Course. Use Camino De los Mares or Camino Capistrano to get to Avenida Vaquero to Via San Gorgonio. (Address: 2916 Via San Gorgonio) MAP to San Gorgonio Park in San Clemente
- Amazing view of the ocean from this top of bluff park
- Lots and lots and lots of slides!
- Stays cool all summer
- Great park for bikes and scooters
- Kids like the General Store, Post Office, and elephant teeter-totter
- 4 bench swings and 2 baby swings
- Plenty of room for big picnic groups and picnic areas equipped with grills
- Relatively older equipment, more prone to repairs
- All metal equipment, except for plastic slides
- A few places where taller children can bang their heads on overhead bars when climbing up ladders
- Shares parking lot with ball field and basketball courts
- Concrete picnic tables spread around play area, some with barbecues
- Plenty of shade surrounding play area – large sycamores
- Sand and rubber play surface
- Tons of parking
- Bathrooms are not the nicest and located somewhat far from play area
- Awesome link to San Clemente Parks with maps! (Thanks, Connie!)
- How to reserve this park from the City of San Clemente
- Nearest public library: San Clemente Library
Originally published May 2008.