BE A VOLUNTEER PARK REPORTER!!!
First of all, thanks for clicking over here and even THINKING about helping out. I founded this site in 2008 when my kids were 2 1/2 and 6. You can do the math and see that although we’re still outside all the time, we’re not always at the playgrounds we used to frequent. It would be awesome to have a whole bunch of parents helping me keep the site up-to-date so it can stay a fresh community resource.
- Must live and play in Orange County, CA.
- Must be okay with the fame and adoration of park-loving fans as your ONLY compensation (plus my neverending gratitude for your contribution). If you have a website or blog, I can provide one link back to it.
- All park posts and photos become property of FunOrangeCountyParks.com/Play Parks Creative LLC to share all over the place.
Deciding which parks?
- I’m particularly interested in the parks you think of as “my parks” — the ones you know the best!
- You can tell if I have not had a chance to update the park yet if it doesn’t have a fancy featured photo with writing on it at the top of the post OR this graphic at the bottom:
- And you can always email me to ask if I need help on a particular park so you don’t put forth any unnecessary effort: firstname.lastname@example.org. I’ve even had a mom text me the photos and write the whole review via text because it was easier for them. Whatever works for you!
E-mail me (email@example.com). To get the update right, I’ll need:
- 5-10 photographs (.jpg format – and preferably horizontal) photographs. (NO kids faces in the photos, please.)
- Your personal review or corrections I need to make to an existing post.
- Tell me how you’d like to be credited (link to your website, first name only, anonymous, full name, whatever!)
THANK YOU! THANK YOU!
PARK REPORTER HALL OF FAME
North County Parks Reporter
Lisa unofficially joined the team with her first stellar playground recommendation back in August 2009. She officially earned her honorary title and agreed to be “official” in May 2010 — and she’s up to 46 stellar park reports! She says, “I’m always looking for excuses to explore and find new places to play. My “day job” consists of hanging out with my two young park connoisseurs.” I can’t thank Lisa enough for sticking with it.
Dara contributed 23 outstanding posts between September 2009 and January 2011. Her title was playground blogger, but she did so much more behind the scenes. She was the perfect team member with her creative ideas, organizational skills, and overall positive attitude.
Noel – Volunteer Park Reporter
Noel is an amazing photographer at BoshImages.com who embodies what it means to be an outdoor mom. She’s contributed 2 posts over the years: Crescent Bay Beach in Laguna Beach and more recently Lake Gregory. Photos courtesy of Noel who doesn’t carry around her big professional cameras when she’s out playing with her family. All photos in the Lake Gregory post are from her iPhone! Follow her on Instagram @imoments.
Wendy – Volunteer Park Reporter
Wendy wrote to me in February of 2013 saying: “I have a two year old son and I’m a huge fan of your blog. Thank you for creating such a wonderful resource for families in Orange County. From three months old onward my son has been happiest outside in nature so your park recommendations have been invaluable to me as I plan our days. I would like to become a park scout for you to pay forward all of the wonderful resources I have received from your blog.” Wow! Read her reviews of Heritage Park in Tustin and Eucalyptus Park in Anaheim – they’re awesome!
Asea – Volunteer Park Reporter
Asea helped Debi and I with our profile photos, but first she submitted a park for me to post back in February 2014. Asea is a mom, volunteer, and photographer in Huntington Beach. When she’s not behind the lens at Asea Tremp Photography, she can be found running around Disneyland with a Frappucino in her hand, chauffeuring her girls to ballet, or planning their next Girl Scout meeting. In addition to Girl Scouts, Asea volunteers with Welcome Them Home, the Magic Hour Foundation, and Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep.
Karen & Kids – Volunteer Park Reporter
Karen is the one who sent me the whole post via text on the new Crown Valley Sprayground and Park. She knew I was heading out on vacation and wanted to make sure you knew the whole scoop before summer was over. Her review even earned a comment by the City Manager of Laguna Niguel!
Kristin – Volunteer Park Reporter
Kristin sent me over info on Mountain View Park in Lake Forest back in 2016.
Tara – Volunteer Park Reporter
SO many park updates! Tara took it upon herself to spend most of 2018 updating almost 20 parks in Aliso Viejo and Laguna Niguel – some of the posts hadn’t been updated since I first posted them in 2008-2010.