Welcome! I'm so glad you are here, but if you are doing your part it means you are staying at home. Keep doing what you are supposed to be doing for the good of public health! Always adhere to official guidelines.
Crown Valley Park in Laguna Niguel sports a new forest theme and splash pad thanks to a total renovation in Winter/Spring 2015 which now includes an amphitheater, restroom building, splash pad and new forest-themed play equipment. The City of Laguna Niguel calls it a “sprayground.” NOTE: Crown Valley Park Playground and Sprayground are CLOSED FOR SUMMER 2019 due to construction.
Directions to Crown Valley Community Park Splash Pad: From the Interstate 5, take the Crown Valley offramp and drive toward the beach. Pass over Moulton and La Paz — but make a right into the YMCA parking lot before you hit Niguel Road. If you are coming from PCH, it’s the first left past Niguel Road. [Address: 29751 Crown Valley Parkway, Laguna Niguel] MAP to Crown Valley Community Park in Laguna Niguel
- Free! With all the amenities of a true community park
- Forest animal theme is very cute complete with a pretty artistic inlay in the sidewalk at the entrance gate
- Two play structures – both have interactive nature sound boards
- Smaller one is near the restroom building with logs and a bobcat
- Larger one has curvy slides and monkey bars and rocks to climb – with some higher drops near the ladders
- Playground slides are especially fun when kids are wet from the sprayground
- Lovely to have Niguel Botanical Preserve is so close with trees and trails right beside the upper level of this park. The nature trail – what an adventure!! The kids led us all around the hillside. Absolutely amazing! You can see the care every volunteer put into it. Lots of lizards, rabbits, and squirrels – plus beautiful flowers. We entered the preserve right above the playground. Not too steep of an ascent to the top.
- Combine a playground trip with a library trip to the Laguna Niguel Public Library right down Crown Valley towards the beach
Sprayground (open Memorial Day to Labor Day – consult official website for hours):
- Children under 10 must be directly supervised by an adult
- Two lifeguards on duty when we went
- Water at sprayground is recirculated and filtered – so it’s drought-friendly but not okay to drink
- Wet concrete surface can be slippery — go barefoot or wear water shoes
- Fun for all ages, even babies (must wear swim diapers and plastic pants if not potty-trained)
- Crown Valley Park Playground and Sprayground are closed due to construction as of 8/12/18 – through early 2019. Stay updated through Laguna Niguel Parks and Rec info page.
- Shade structures limited to four tables tables on upper level by sprayground. No shade on lower level by playgrounds.
- Stairs and long accessible ramp from lower to upper level.
- Sprayground is only open during the summer
- It is near the parking lot, but there are perimeter fences
- This community park is the site of concerts and many parks and recreation activities. Check the calendar if you are crowd averse.
- No swings (baby or otherwise)
- Dedicated parking lot shared with the entire community complex which includes a pool, amphitheater and sports fields
- Play surface: Recycled rubber on playground
- Two regular stalls (unisex)
- Two accessible stalls (men or women)
- Key code locks on each stall door accessible individually from outside
- Key code is posted on each door with instructions to knock before entering
- Faucet to wash hands is outside the building
- Plenty of picnic tables and seating on low planter walls
- Shaded picnic tables nearer to the park entrance by the amphitheater
- Community pool, sports fields, bike path
- Official City of Laguna Niguel website for Crown Valley Community Park
- Nearest public library branch: Laguna Niguel
Photos and park report courtesy of Karen Geraci & Family, Volunteer Park Reporters