Crown Valley Park in Laguna Niguel sports a new forest theme and splash pad thanks to a total renovation in Winter/Spring 2015 which now includes an amphitheater, restroom building, splash pad and new forest-themed play equipment. The City of Laguna Niguel calls it a “sprayground.” NOTE: Crown Valley Park Playground and Sprayground are closed due to construction as of 8/12/18 – through early 2019.
Directions to Crown Valley Community Park Splash Pad: From the Interstate 5, take the Crown Valley offramp and drive toward the beach. Pass over Moulton and La Paz — but make a right into the YMCA parking lot before you hit Niguel Road. If you are coming from PCH, it’s the first left past Niguel Road. [Address: 29751 Crown Valley Parkway, Laguna Niguel] MAP to Crown Valley Community Park in Laguna Niguel
- Free! With all the amenities of a true community park
- Forest animal theme is very cute complete with a pretty artistic inlay in the sidewalk at the entrance gate
- Two play structures – both have interactive nature sound boards
- Smaller one is near the restroom building with logs and a bobcat
- Larger one has curvy slides and monkey bars and rocks to climb – with some higher drops near the ladders
- Playground slides are especially fun when kids are wet from the sprayground
- Lovely to have Niguel Botanical Preserve is so close with trees and trails right beside the upper level of this park. The nature trail – what an adventure!! The kids led us all around the hillside. Absolutely amazing! You can see the care every volunteer put into it. Lots of lizards, rabbits, and squirrels – plus beautiful flowers. We entered the preserve right above the playground. Not too steep of an ascent to the top.
- Combine a playground trip with a library trip to the Laguna Niguel Public Library right down Crown Valley towards the beach
Sprayground (open Memorial Day to Labor Day – consult official website for hours):
- Children under 10 must be directly supervised by an adult
- Two lifeguards on duty when we went
- Water at sprayground is recirculated and filtered – so it’s drought-friendly but not okay to drink
- Wet concrete surface can be slippery — go barefoot or wear water shoes
- Fun for all ages, even babies (must wear swim diapers and plastic pants if not potty-trained)
- Crown Valley Park Playground and Sprayground are closed due to construction as of 8/12/18 – through early 2019. Stay updated through Laguna Niguel Parks and Rec info page.
- Shade structures limited to four tables tables on upper level by sprayground. No shade on lower level by playgrounds.
- Stairs and long accessible ramp from lower to upper level.
- Sprayground is only open during the summer
- It is near the parking lot, but there are perimeter fences
- This community park is the site of concerts and many parks and recreation activities. Check the calendar if you are crowd averse.
- No swings (baby or otherwise)
- Dedicated parking lot shared with the entire community complex which includes a pool, amphitheater and sports fields
- Play surface: Recycled rubber on playground
- Two regular stalls (unisex)
- Two accessible stalls (men or women)
- Key code locks on each stall door accessible individually from outside
- Key code is posted on each door with instructions to knock before entering
- Faucet to wash hands is outside the building
- Plenty of picnic tables and seating on low planter walls
- Shaded picnic tables nearer to the park entrance by the amphitheater
- Community pool, sports fields, bike path
- Official City of Laguna Niguel website for Crown Valley Community Park
- Nearest public library branch: Laguna Niguel
Photos and park report courtesy of Karen Geraci & Family, Volunteer Park Reporters