I love it when readers ask questions! Chances are — you are not the only one wondering about the answer. Social media and the readers who follow me there have turned out to be an invaluable and instantaneous resource when I need answers to tough questions, like “How do I find parks with outdoor handball courts in Orange County?“
This one stumped me. I couldn’t think of ANY. Oh no! Social media community to the rescue. Just hearing about some of them jogged my memory. Thanks to all who put on their thinking caps.
- Craig Regional Park in Fullerton (satellite map shows 8 courts) — Contributed by SC
- Independence Park in Fullerton (satellite map shows 3 courts) — Contributed by JM
- Boisseranc Park in Buena Park (satellite map shows 4 courts) — Contributed by IC
- George Bellis Park in Buena Park (satellite map shows 2 courts)
- Northwood Community Park in Irvine (satellite map shows 1 court) — Contributed by KLM
- Heritage Park in Irvine (has a half court basketball near playground which could be used for handball, plus it looks like some racquetball courts by the tennis courts – see satellite map)
- University Community Park in Irvine (satellite map shows 3 courts) — Contributed by KLM
- Woodbridge Community Park in Irvine (satellite map shows 3 courts)
- San Miguel Park in Newport Beach (satellite map shows 4 courts)
- Mile Square Park in Fountain Valley was mentioned (by CF), but the courts are actually at Fountain Valley Recreation and Sports Park which is adjacent to Mile Square. I called the Tennis Center to see if the practice courts were open for handball, but it’s just for tennis.
- Mariners Park in Newport Beach (2 courts)
- Del Obispo Park at the Dana Point Community Center (2 courts – pictured above) — Contributed by MA
It just warms my heart to see all those initials of helpful park lovers who are sharing their knowledge. It really does make a difference! This list would only include 2 or 3 parks if you were depending on me. Look what we can do together! Awesome.
Keep the recommendations coming!
Originally posted in February 2012.