I love it when readers ask questions! Chances are — you are not the only one wondering about the answer. Facebook and the readers who follow me there have turned out to be an invaluable and instantaneous resource when I need answers to tough questions, like “How do I find parks with outdoor handball courts in Orange County?”
This one stumped me. I couldn’t think of ANY. Oh no! Facebook to the rescue. Just hearing about some of them jogged my memory. Thanks to all who put on their thinking caps.
- Craig Regional Park in Fullerton (satellite map shows 8 courts) — Contributed by SC
- Independence Park in Fullerton (satellite map shows 3 courts) — Contributed by JM
- Boisseranc Park in Buena Park (satellite map shows 4 courts) — Contributed by IC
- George Bellis Park in Buena Park (satellite map shows 2 courts)
- Northwood Community Park in Irvine (satellite map shows 1 court) — Contributed by KLM
- Heritage Park in Irvine (has a half court basketball near playground which could be used for handball, plus it looks like some racquetball courts by the tennis courts – see satellite map)
- University Community Park in Irvine (satellite map shows 3 courts) — Contributed by KLM
- Woodbridge Community Park in Irvine (satellite map shows 3 courts)
- San Miguel Park in Newport Beach (satellite map shows 4 courts)
- Mile Square Park in Fountain Valley was mentioned (by CF), but the courts are actually at Fountain Valley Recreation and Sports Park which is adjacent to Mile Square. I called the Tennis Center to see if the practice courts were open for handball, but it’s just for tennis.
- Del Obispo Park at the Dana Point Community Center (2 courts – pictured above) — Contributed by MA
It just warms my heart to see all those initials of helpful park lovers who are sharing their knowledge. It really does make a difference! This list would only include 2 or 3 parks if you were depending on me. Look what we can do together! Awesome.
Keep the recommendations coming!
Originally posted in February 2012.
Saturday 1st of August 2015
Is there any team for kids to join in Irvine? Thanks
Tuesday 24th of March 2015
Looking for wallball courts in oregan or idaho
Saturday 25th of May 2013
My son loves handball! Great way to get kids outside to play even when we do not have enough players for a team sport. Bravo!
Thursday 8th of November 2012
Which park is the top racquetball court at (the unpainted one)?
Wednesday 15th of February 2012
Thanks for this entry!! Never would of thought of it as a topic, but I know it will come in handy for my boys who love handball- no pun intended:)