Clipper Cove Park is for you if you want to play sailors, pirates, or mermaids. Two pirate ships float across the “sea” and sand in a quiet neighborhood park off Alicia Parkway near Kite Hill.
How to Get to Clipper Cove Park in Laguna Niguel: Off Alicia Parkway at Clipper Way. Wind up the neighborhood street and park on your left. Address: 29325 Clipper Way, Laguna Niguel. MAP to Clipper Cove Park in Laguna Niguel
Recommended by: Connie originally in 2008 (and then Tina just told me of the improvements in 2017)
- Ship-shaped play structures to climb in and around
- Huge variety of spinners (my 2 favorites are in the photo towards the end of the post after the Checklist section!)
- Large spider web climber
- Lots of wildlife viewing, especially bunnies and birds
- Secluded and peaceful with view of Saddleback Mountain
- Butterfly garden and winding paths
- Central viewing area makes it shady and great for all ages
- Swings for babies and big kids
- NO bathrooms
- Small hill climb from parking up to the playground
- Parking on the street
- Recycled rubber play surface
- NO bathrooms
- One drinking fountain
- Lots of shade under picnic gazebo, none on playground
- Three picnic tables
- Official City of Laguna Niguel page for Clipper Cove Park
- Nearest public library: Laguna Niguel Branch
- Visit my list of 15 Pirate Parks in Orange County for more pretend play opportunities!
Originally posted in July 2008.