Welcome! I'm so glad you are here, but if you are doing your part it means you are staying at home. Keep doing what you are supposed to be doing for the good of public health! Always adhere to official guidelines.
Clipper Cove Park is for you if you want to play sailors, pirates, or mermaids. Two pirate ships float across the “sea” and sand in a quiet neighborhood park off Alicia Parkway near Kite Hill.
Location: Off Alicia Parkway at Clipper Way. Wind up the neighborhood street and park on your left. Address: 29325 Clipper Way, Laguna Niguel. MAP to Clipper Cove Park in Laguna Niguel
Recommended by: Connie originally in 2008 (and then Tina just told me of the improvements in 2017)
- Ship-shaped play structures to climb in and around
- Huge variety of spinners (my 2 favorites are in the photo towards the end of the post after the Checklist section!)
- Large spider web climber
- Lots of wildlife viewing, especially bunnies and birds
- Secluded and peaceful with view of Saddleback Mountain
- Butterfly garden and winding paths
- Central viewing area makes it shady and great for all ages
- Swings for babies and big kids
- NO bathrooms
- Small hill climb from parking up to the playground
- Parking on the street
- Recycled rubber play surface
- NO bathrooms
- One drinking fountain
- Lots of shade under picnic gazebo, none on playground
- Three picnic tables
- Official Laguna Niguel website
- Nearest public library: Laguna Niguel Branch
Originally posted in July 2008.