Clipper Cove Park is for you if you want to play sailors, pirates, or mermaids. Two pirate ships float across the “sea” and sand in a quiet neighborhood park off Alicia Parkway near Kite Hill.
How to Get to Clipper Cove Park in Laguna Niguel: Off Alicia Parkway at Clipper Way. Wind up the neighborhood street and park on your left. Address: 29325 Clipper Way, Laguna Niguel. MAP to Clipper Cove Park in Laguna Niguel
Recommended by: Connie originally in 2008 (and then Tina just told me of the improvements in 2017)
- Ship-shaped play structures to climb in and around
- Huge variety of spinners (my 2 favorites are in the photo towards the end of the post after the Checklist section!)
- Large spider web climber
- Lots of wildlife viewing, especially bunnies and birds
- Secluded and peaceful with view of Saddleback Mountain
- Butterfly garden and winding paths
- Central viewing area makes it shady and great for all ages
- Swings for babies and big kids
- NO bathrooms
- Small hill climb from parking up to the playground
- Parking on the street
- Recycled rubber play surface
- NO bathrooms
- One drinking fountain
- Lots of shade under picnic gazebo, none on playground
- Three picnic tables
- Official City of Laguna Niguel page for Clipper Cove Park
- Nearest public library: Laguna Niguel Branch
- Visit my list of 15 Pirate Parks in Orange County for more pretend play opportunities!
Originally posted in July 2008.
Monday 15th of September 2014
Great info! Thank you!
I've taken my son and his cousins to Clipper Park many times, since they request it! They love it! It's a perfect park, especially for families who live nearby and can walk to it. The surrounding neighborhoods have access through several different walking paths-making it easy to get to. We've also been to the park to watch 4th of July Fireworks - which go over the Lake in Laguna Niguel.
**Please make note** In your above statement you wrote: "MAP to Clipper Cove Park in Laguna Hills" It should read: Laguna Niguel. Have a great day! Terri
Tuesday 16th of September 2014
Thanks, Terri! I'll make sure I fix that.
Wednesday 29th of June 2011
NOOO bathrooms?!?!?! O.o
Wednesday 31st of March 2010
lol i've been to Clipper Cove Park, very nice!!