Welcome! I'm so glad you are here, but if you are doing your part it means you are staying at home. Keep doing what you are supposed to be doing for the good of public health! Always adhere to official guidelines.
Serrano Creek Park in Lake Forest is a great park tucked away behind the Heritage Hills Shopping Center at the corner of Lake Forest Drive and Trabuco Road. The park runs all the way to Bake Parkway with eucalyptus and willow lining the creek.
Location: Near the corner of Lake Forest and Trabuco on Serrano Road. From the 5 freeway, take the Lake Forest exit. Follow it toward Saddleback Mountain and turn left onto Serrano Road. [Address: 25101 Serrano Road, Lake Forest] MAP to Serrano Creek Park in Lake Forest
Recommended by: Eva
- Rustic western setting near horse stables and amidst a eucalyptus grove
- Simulated sandstone rocks provide for adventurous climbing (without the man-made hand holds)
- Pretend car is a favorite of kids
- There is a walking trail which runs the length of the creek to Bake Parkway
- The play equipment is a little different than most you’ll see around with a bit of a western flair
- Fun to see horses walk by on the trail
- Sometimes, if there is a breeze, you can smell the stable
- Extremely windy days could be hazardous with falling debris from eucalyptus trees
- There is only street parking and you have to walk down a small hill to get to the play area.
- Bark, recycled rubber and sand play surfaces
- 1 men/1 women restroom halfway between the play area and the road
- Shade under shelter near lots of trees
- Easy to view the children from all areas
- Right next door to Heritage Hill Historical Park
- Outstanding picnic areas with grills (Click for reservations through the city)
- Official City of Lake Forest website
- Nearest public library branch: El Toro Library
Nearby parks in Lake Forest:
Originally posted in October 2008.