Heritage Park in Dana Point sits atop a bluff over Dana Point Harbor.
Lantern Bay Park is on one side near the Marriott. If you cross Golden Lantern, Heritage Park is reachable by parking at the harbor below or the street above.
How to Get to Heritage Park near Dana Point Harbor: To park at the top of the hill, take Del Prado from the north and turn right on Old Golden Lantern for parking. When we visited we took Golden Lantern down the hill toward the harbor, turned right on Dana Point Harbor Drive, and parked in the retail/restaurant parking area in the first driveway to your right. You’ll see the sign for the park and a steep set of stairs – although it seems to be ADA accessible with a winding sidewalk to supplement the stairs. So it would probably be do-able for strollers, too. (Address: 34400 Old Golden Lantern Road, Dana Point) MAP to Heritage Park in Dana Point
- Small dog park.
- Great hills for rolling. My kids had a blast.
- Amazing views and a nice place to run around when it’s hot inland.
- Also good for holding outdoor events (wedding venue, etc.)
- NO playground
- NO restrooms
- Lots of steps and elevation gains if you start at the bottom (or if you start at the top and need to climb back up to your car)
- Parking in lot off Dana Point Harbor Road or on Old Golden Lantern
- Grassy rolling hills
- NO restrooms – your best bet would be to use the public restrooms at the harbor
- Lots of shade from big pine trees – and it’s often foggy
- The kids will have a blast just running around
- Official City of Dana Point info on Heritage Park
- City of Dana Point General Park Information/Reservations
- Nearest public library branch: Dana Point Public Library
Originally published in September 2009.
Tuesday 29th of September 2009
I love the new look of the blog! It's fabulous!
I'm always on the lookout for fun places where the kids can just roll around. One of my favorite things to do as a kid was just roll down a hill. So fun! Thanks for sharing!