Eastbluff Park in Newport Beach is a nice little neighborhood playground near a baseball diamond.
How to Get to Eastbluff Park in Newport Beach: On Newport Beach side of the Back Bay. Turn on Vista Del Sol off Eastbluff Drive and right on Vista Del Oro. Behind Eastbluff Elementary and Ralphs Shopping Center. (Park Address: 2555 Vista Del Oro, Newport Beach) MAP TO EASTBLUFF PARK IN NEWPORT BEACH
- Fun to watch airplanes taking off from John Wayne Airport
- Small park on greenbelt – quiet as long as there are no baseball games at nearby diamond.
- Shade in the morning
- Clubhouse for pretend play
- Double slide for younger kids, plus a short single slide
- Double curvy slides for older kids
- Bridge between play structures
- 2 baby swings and 2 bench swings
- Near Newport Back Bay so the weather is a bit cooler and breezy compared to inland
- There’s a small shopping center very nearby where you could pick up lunch at Ralphs or kid-friendly (but slightly pricey) Mutt’s
- A few openings where toddlers could fall – especially near the climbing net near the bigger slides
- Small shades on playground that don’t really provide much actual shade
- Sand (particularly grainy) and recycled rubber play surfaces
- Dedicated parking lot
- 2 barbecues and picnic tables
- No shade on playground – except in early morning hours
- Bathroom right near play area (campground-style with stainless steel toilets and spiderwebs). However, very clean.
- Nearby Eastbluff Shopping Center with Ralphs, CVS, and restaurants
- Official Newport Beach website for Eastbluff Park in Newport Beach
- Nearest public library: Newport Beach Public Library
Newport Beach parks near Eastbluff Park:
Originally posted in May 2008.