Eastbluff Park in Newport Beach is a nice little neighborhood playground near a baseball diamond.
How to Get to Eastbluff Park in Newport Beach: On Newport Beach side of the Back Bay. Turn on Vista Del Sol off Eastbluff Drive and right on Vista Del Oro. Behind Eastbluff Elementary and Ralphs Shopping Center. MAP to Eastbluff Park in Newport Beach
- Fun to watch airplanes taking off from John Wayne Airport
- Small park on greenbelt – quiet as long as there are no baseball games at nearby diamond.
- Shade in the morning
- Clubhouse for pretend play
- Double slide for younger kids, plus a short single slide
- Double curvy slides for older kids
- Bridge between play structures
- 2 baby swings and 2 bench swings
- Near Newport Back Bay so the weather is a bit cooler and breezy compared to inland
- There’s a small shopping center very nearby where you could pick up lunch at Ralphs, zpizza, and it says “Mutt’s” is coming soon (which is connected to Mutt Lynch’s)
- A few openings where toddlers could fall – especially near the climbing net near the bigger slides
- Small shades on playground that don’t really provide much actual shade
- Sand (particularly grainy) and recycled rubber play surfaces
- Dedicated parking lot
- 2 barbecues and picnic tables
- No shade on playground – except in early morning hours
- Bathroom right near play area (campground-style with stainless steel toilets and spiderwebs). However, very clean.
- Nearby Eastbluff Shopping Center with Ralphs, CVS, and restaurants
- Official Newport Beach website for Eastbluff Park in Newport Beach
- Nearest public library: Newport Beach Public Library
Newport Beach parks near Eastbluff Park:
Originally posted in May 2008.