We planned our visit to Seminole Park in Laguna Niguel to enjoy a lazy picnic. It was a beautiful spot in a neighborhood with shade trees.
Location: Exit Interstate 5 at Crown Valley Parkway and head towards the beach. You’ll drive quite a while before reaching Niguel Road where you will make a left. After you pass Marina Hills Drive, you will turn right onto August Drive. The park is at the corner of Augusta Drive and Seminole Place. (Address: 30802 Seminole Place, Laguna Niguel) MAP TO SEMINOLE PARK IN LAGUNA HILLS
- The neighborhood and the shade trees were definitely the highlights.
- The play equipment was older and not very inspiring.
- 2 baby swings and 2 bench swings.
- Is that a ride-on squirrel?
- It’s somewhat close to the beach, so the weather is a bit cooler than inland.
- It looked like kids play on the hill beyond the playground making shelters and building with the eucalyptus branches.
- The park is more appropriate for 2-5 year olds vs. the 5-12 year olds.
- Several people brought their dogs to the park while we visited, but stayed away from the playground
- NO restrooms
- It’s not a busy street at all, but the playground is on the street side.
- Not easily accessible from the freeway.
- Full sun on playground at midday.
- Parking on the street
- Play surface: sand and recycled rubber.
- NO restrooms
- Picnic tables near the playground, but it’s in full sun. We ate on a blanket in the grass.
- Official City of Laguna Niguel website
- Nearest public library branch: Dana Point Public Library is off Niguel Road. The Laguna Niguel Library is under construction, but has an interim Library set up.
*Added to KaBOOM.org as part of their 2011 Park-A-Day Summer Challenge