Chapparosa Park is at the dead end of Chapparosa Park Road off Golden Lantern near the Marina Hills Shopping Center. It also links to the Salt Creek Corridor Regional Park with a path leading to Niguel Road Park – and eventually down to Salt Creek Beach (see map because it looks as if you might have to zig-zag a bit). I took my 2 kids and 2 nephews to this park and had no problem keeping my eye on all of them.
Location: Take Moulton/Golden Lantern and turn onto Chapparosa Park Road. You will dead end into the park. MAP to Chapparosa Park in Laguna Niguel
- Chapparosa is themed as an Old West fort with panels which look like a log cabin
- Separate smaller kids play area with little houses for pretend play, spring animals and small slide
- Tire swing
- Shade cover over picnic area makes it nice for small birthday party and watching the kids run between the small structure and bigger structure.
- Small picnic areas with grills dot the park
- It’s near the beach so it should be relatively cool – but it’s also in a valley which makes it hotter than hilltop parks nearby
- No swings
- Parking in a free dedicated lot
- Bark play surface
- Restrooms at the other side of the parking lot by the baseball diamond
- Not a lot of shade on the playground, but trees surrounding and a shade cover over the tables
- Easy to view kids from the picnic tables