Beacon Hill Park in Laguna Niguel is a small park best suited for a shorter length play date and a picnic.
Directions to Beacon Hill Park in Laguna Niguel: Beacon Hill Park is in a neighborhood past the intersection of Niguel Road and Beacon Hill Way. From I-5, exit at Camino Capistrano and turn right towards downtown San Juan Capistrano. Turn left onto Del Obispo and travel across the train tracks and past the farm to turn right onto Camino Del Avion. Turn right on Golden Lantern, followed by left on Beacon Hill Way. The park is ahead on your left. You may want to approach from Niguel Road so that you’re on the right side for parking. (Address: 24403 Beacon Hill Way, Laguna Niguel) MAP TO BEACON HILL PARK IN LAGUNA NIGUEL
- A colorful red, white, and blue park situated away from the street
- It’s partially fenced, so the kids tend to stick to the play area
- Stepping stones and climbers, twisty slides, and a rocketship
- See if your kids can find the “hidden” crab
- There is a ride-on whale and snail for “races”
- 1 bench swing, 1 accessible swing (no baby swings)
- Nice views of the surrounding hills of Laguna Niguel
- Lush grassy area for running, kite flying, kicking around a soccer ball, or frisbee
- There are warning signs posted for rattlesnakes – and I can see why because the park backs up to a brush-covered hill. However, it’s easy to see the ground near the play equipment and I’d hope it would be easy to spot a snake.
- NO restrooms
- NO shade on the playground, but shade over picnic area
- NO baby swings
- Parking on the street
- Play surface: recycled rubber
- NO restrooms
- Picnic tables right on the playground
- No shade on the playground, but there’s shade under the sycamores for picnics on the grass
- Consult the official City of Laguna Niguel Beacon Hill Park page for more information
- Nearby public library branch: Dana Point Public Library (with Friends of the Library Bookstore)
Originally posted in August 2011.