Peter Green Park in Huntington Beach is a reader favorite with large whimsical play structures and easy view of the kids while they play.
Directions to Peter Green Park in Huntington Beach: Near the intersection of Garfield and Main. Take Beach Blvd and bear right on Main (from the 405) or take Main (from Pacific Coast Highway). Turn onto Promenade from Main, turn left onto Seagate. The parking lot is on the right. MAP to Peter Green Park in Huntington Beach
- It’s a compact park in a great neighborhood with beach weather.
- I loved the covered picnic areas and small turtles, play vehicles, and ride-on animals.
- The main play structure is tall, but well-protected as long as your kids don’t climb outside the barriers.
- There’s a smaller structure for younger kids.
- Bumpy slides, tunnel slides, climbers, and sea-themed interpretive panels.
- 2 baby swings and 4 bench swings.
- Covered and shaded picnic area
- Lots of benches surrounding the whole play area
- Only shade in the picnic areas. Otherwise, the rest of the playground is on recycled rubber which can be hot on high temp days.
- Parking in a dedicated lot
- Entire play surface is flat recycled rubber
- No restrooms
- Not much shade while playing
- Easy to view kids from all angles
- Sand volleyball court
- Basketball court
- Two covered picnic areas for parties
- Make sure to check out Peter Green Park on Stockteam.com
- Official City of Huntington Beach parks website
Originally posted in July 2009.
Friday 3rd of January 2014
Where is closest restroom?
Tuesday 31st of July 2012
Could you say what ages the playgrounds are suitable for?
Tuesday 11th of January 2011
I am turning into quite the park geek. This was the second park that I took my 2-year-old to today and it definitely did not disappoint. The only thing I did notice was that it was starting to show signs of major wear and tear but I guess that is to be expected with such inticing structures to play on. I can't believe that I've lived in HB for almost 3 years and am now just discovering this park. Thanks so much for the info. I am eternally grateful!
Wednesday 12th of January 2011
I am so happy you are finding the site helpful. Thanks for your insight on Peter Green Park.
Monday 27th of September 2010
Thank you for all your hard work in putting this site together for the awesome pictures, details, and care put into this resource!