Newport Island Park is right around the corner from 38th Street Park off the Balboa Penisula in Newport Beach. Newport Island is a small triangular island reachable by 38th Street off West Balboa Blvd. Nice spot for a family picnic.
Location: Don’t enter the peninsula from Newport Boulevard/55 Freeway if you want the most direct entry to this park. It’s best to take the Pacific Coast Highway to Balboa Blvd. route. Turn left on 38th Street. You will pass over a bridge to get onto the island and the playground is tucked on the first street to your left. MAP to Newport Island Park in Newport Beach
- Secluded and simple with a seaside feel
- Slides, monkey bars, and views of harbor channels and homes make it fun
- Picnic tables and a grill
- Grassy area and half basketball court
- Challenging parking situation. Better to park elsewhere and walk in. Be careful crossing streets around here.
- Watch your child near the water
- Parking on street only – extremely limited
- Sand and recylced rubber play surface
- NO restrooms (but you could walk to nearby 38th Street Park)
- Shade from trees near playground
- Easy to view kids from benches
- Picnic tables and grill
- Official City of Newport Beach website