Grand Park in Aliso Viejo is a hidden gem above Aliso Viejo Town Center.
Take the kids for book shopping at Barnes & Noble or a frozen treat at Golden Spoon, then head to the fountain to run it all off.
Follow the paved path up the hill to this small play area overlooking the whole valley.
Directions to Grand Park in Aliso Viejo: If you’re driving, you can either take Grand from Aliso Viejo Parkway or exit Town Center via the small street (City Lights Drive) between Wahoo’s and the Brewery and make an immediate right up the hill on Grand. Or you can just park in the Town Center parking lot off Aliso Creek Road near the fountain and movie theater and walk up. MAP to Grand Park in Aliso Viejo
- Older kids will enjoy the climbing opportunities of the new play equipment (installed 2016) – they can make their way horizontally back and forth to the main piece of equipment. Good for playing “hot lava.”
- View can be spectacular on a clear day
- Completely fenced park
- It’s up on a hill with a shade cover – so there’s usually a bit of a breeze
- Picnic tables and grills for family outings
- Convenient location next to Aliso Viejo Town Center and even the Aliso Viejo Public Library
- The Aliso Viejo Community Association (AVCA) often holds outdoor events at the lower amphitheater of Grand Park (Spring, July 4th, Fall, Winter, Movies & Concerts). These are paid for and run by AVCA. The City of Aliso Viejo’s is separate from AVCA. The only event the City hosts here is Snow Fest in January.
- Traffic flows fast on the hill
- Not an all-day type park – but nice for a quick play break
- NO restrooms
- No swings
- No dogs allowed within fenced area
- Dedicated parking spaces on both sides of Grand
- Park at Aliso Town Center if you’re ready to walk up the hill
- Sand and recycled rubber play surface
- NO bathrooms, but drinking fountains just outside the fence
- Lots of shade from shade cloth and big sycamores
- 4 benches within fence for easy viewing
- Picnic tables and grills
- Aliso Viejo Community Association (AVCA) owns the parks and takes reservations for AVCA members on this park reservation form
- Nearby public library: Aliso Viejo Public Library
Parks Nearby Grand Park in Aliso Viejo:
Originally published in May 2009.