Foothill Ranch Community Park in Lake Forest was last renovated in Spring 2009. One of my readers back then, Samantha, was a model visitor to my blog!
I love how she kept me (and the rest of us) abreast of the renovation progress. You can laugh, but I get excited when other people are invested in their parks, their communities, and especially their kids. Samantha’s daughter gave me the grand tour when it was done.
Directions to Foothill Ranch Community Park: Foothill Ranch is a neighborhood of Lake Forest and it seems as if all roads lead to it. I took El Toro Road, turned left on Portola, then right on Lake Forest to Rue de Valore. The most direct route would probably taking Bake Parkway since it turns into Rue De Valore. Turn right past the Foothill Family Church. (Address: 19422 Rue De Valore, Foothill Ranch). MAP to Foothill Community Park in Lake Forest
Recommended by: Samantha
- The high-tech, giant-size teeter-totter was a highlight for playing AND watching others shrieking and giggling while they played on it.
- Shade cloth over the equipment, sandbox, and picnic area
- Musical play board
- Shower head style hanging spinner
- Mini clubhouse/kitchen for pretend
- Wire mesh “hamster tube” for crawling
- Climbing walls
- Separate little sandbox
- Zip track
- 2 baby swings, 4 bench swings
- Nice picnic area and grills within view of the playground
- Easy parking and easy to view kids
- Super close to restaurants, grocery store, and Target
- Very nearby the Foothill Ranch Library (not open on Friday or Sunday)
- Very hot in the summer, although the shade cloth helps
- Received reports from multiple readers who have spotted rattlesnakes on the playground here, so parents should be cautious and walk the playground before letting the kids run wild.
- Dedicated parking lot adjacent to the church
- Bark play surface
- Bathroom just beyond playground
- Tennis courts and basketball court
- Shade over picnic tables
- Lots of lawn areas for running and play
- Plenty of benches
- 2 ramps for wheelchair access to the playground
- Official City of Lake Forest park guide for Foothill Ranch Community Park
- Nearest public library branch: Foothill Ranch Library (branch of OCPL.org)
Originally published in June 2009.