Cabot Park in Laguna Hills is small, but good for younger kids.
It’s near the Crown Valley Costco and a great little place for the kids to get out their wiggles.
It’s a hub for Little League Baseball and the parking lot is also sometimes a staging area for road construction workers.
Directions to Cabot Park in Laguna Hills: On Cabot between Crown Valley Parkway and La Paz Road. MAP to Cabot Park in Laguna Hills
- Relatively small play area makes it easy to watch little and big kids at the same time
- Perfect for new walkers with lots of places to explore and steps to conquer
- Great for imaginative play — the sandbox makes a good castle
- Good park for Hide & Seek and chase games (steps lead up to a ball field and sidewalks and horsepaths circle around to the park)
- Moms can actually have a conversation while watching the kids
- Lushly landscaped
- Near Crown Valley Costco and the Shops at Mission Viejo
- Easy freeway access from La Paz or Crown Valley
- Baby swings only
- On my most recent visit in 2022, I found that not much has changed here since my first visit in 2008. The playground equipment appears quite worn and rusty in spots. It’s definitely not a park I would go out of my way to visit.
- There’s a constant hum from the nearby 5 Freeway
- We were there on a wet day – there was an abundance of both snails and seed pods fallen from trees
- It’s an older playground that is often busy with Little League being played on baseball diamonds behind the playground
- Recycled rubber play surface
- Large parking lot
- Bathroom building located directly on playground
- Working drinking fountain
- Crown Valley Costco and Shops at Mission Viejo are nearby
- Shaded picnic tables and benches
- Official City of Laguna Hills website for the Cabot Park
- Nearest public library branch: Mission Viejo Public Library at La Paz and Marguerite or Laguna Niguel Public Library at Crown Valley and Alicia
Originally published in May 2008.