Bear Brand Park is one of the smaller Laguna Niguel parks located very near Ocean Ranch shopping center.
It still has some of the benefits of being near the beach in the summer with some nice ocean breezes or fog.
It can be busy at school pick-ups and drop-offs or on the weekends during sports events.
Directions to Bear Brand Park in Laguna Niguel: By St. Anne’s School, Camino Del Avion and Bear Brand; 2 blocks away from Ocean Ranch shopping centers between Golden Lantern and Niguel Roads. (Address: 32385 Bear Brand Road, Laguna Niguel) MAP to Bear Brand Park in Laguna Niguel
- Feels like a treehouse
- Compact play structure with little chance of wandering away
- Small play area to watch multiple kids
- Almost never busy on the playground although there is a school and ball field nearby
- Bridge and monkey bars
- Only 1 slide, but it has rollers
- 2 horizontal tree trunk tunnels
- I call it a “tippy disc” – but it’s basically a replacement for the old style playground merry-go-round
- 2 bench swings
- Perfect for a quick place to get the wiggles out of little ones before the next errand, class, or other activity
- Very nearby restrooms which is good, but when I was there on a weekend there were adult visitors just there to use the restroom
- Small structure may be boring or get boring for older kids – not as many things to entertain as destination playgrounds
- Limited shade, can get hot in the summer
- Recycled rubber play surface
- 4 designated parking spots, with ample street parking
- Near soccer field and two baseball fields
- 2 drinking fountains
- Separate barbecue and picnic table area toward the back of the park
- Consult the official City of Laguna Niguel page about Bear Brand Park for more information
- Nearby public library branch: Dana Point OCPL Branch (with Friends of the Library Bookstore) or Laguna Niguel OCPL Branch
Originally published in June 2008.