Directions to Bryant Ranch Park in Yorba Linda: Exit the 91 at Gypsum Canyon Road. Turn right onto La Palma Avenue, followed by a left on Cam de Bryant. Go up the hill and turn left onto Paseo de Toronto. The play area is on your right. (Address: 24695 Paseo de Toronto, Yorba Linda). MAP TO BRYANT RANCH PARK IN YORBA LINDA
- This park features a wide variety of slides, bridges and fun things to climb.
- Plentiful picnic benches – including cute little benches that are kid-sized!
- Three elements that exist simply for standing or sitting and spinning on. These were a huge hit with my toddler.
- Four bench swings and two baby swings.
- There is a sign in the parking lot warning of wildlife, including coyotes and snakes that have been spotted in the surrounding hills.
- The structure states that it is for 5-12 year olds – and it definitely wouldn’t be a good fit for a smaller or uncoordinated toddler.
- Ladders with holes in the center of the taller landings. Not an issue for larger kids, but definitely something to watch with the smaller ones.
- No shade on the play area, and you’re up in the hills of Yorba Linda – it would not be ideal for a very warm day.
- Located just to the rear of a school and sports field – could be busy after school and during games.
- Dedicated parking lot
- Bark and recycled rubber combo on the ground
- Restroom building near playground
- Picnic tables
- Official City of Yorba Linda park reservations
Photos courtesy of Lisa Lasater
Originally published in February 2011.