Alicia Park in Mission Viejo was renamed to William S. Craycraft Park, but many still call it by its original name. It is best for younger kids because it’s quite small and not a lot there to keep the attention, but it’s also right near a next-level picnic area! So perfect for a picnic lunch and a quick play.
Directions to Alicia / Craycraft Park in Mission Viejo: From Interstate 5, exit at Alicia Parkway and head towards the foothills. You will drive up Alicia past Jeronimo and turn left onto Via Linda, then right into the parking lot. Once you enter the parking lot, turn left to park next to the playground and picnic area. (Address: 23650 Alicia Parkway, Mission Viejo) MAP TO ALICIA / CRAYCRAFT PARK IN MISSION VIEJO
- It’s a simple little playground for younger kids.
- There are nice sycamores providing shade on the playground.
- The picnic area is updated and just an amazing meeting spot with shade and landscaping right next to the restroom building.
- Those with little ones — or planning an event — will like that this playground has a restroom.
- The playground is near the parking lot, but the parking lot is set away from Via Linda.
- Can be busy on game days.
- NO swings.
- Parking in a dedicated lot
- Play surface: Sand
- Restroom is a short walk from the playground
- Seating suitable for outside meetings or large group picnics
- Drinking fountain near the restroom
- Softball fields and sand volleyball courts
- Official City of Mission Viejo website for Alicia / Craycraft Park
- Nearest public libraries: Mission Viejo Public Library or Laguna Hills Technology
Originally published in August 2011.