The Woodbury maze garden sits within the Woodbury neighborhood in Irvine anchored by Woodbury Community Park. When we were visiting Settler’s Park, a family recommended we check out Woodbury. My kids had a blast at the small park tucked away in the neighborhood. It had a distinctly Santa Barbara feel to it.
Location: Woodbury is a neighborhood in Irvine reached by exiting Interstate 5 at Jeffrey Road. Turn toward the foothills (east) and make a right on Long Meadow (it’s the same road as Bryan, it just turns into Long Meadow when it crosses Jeffrey). You’ll enter the Woodbury neighborhood and turn left at your first stop sign onto Vintage. Then make another immediate left and the park is on your right. MAP to Woodbury Maze Garden in Irvine
- The maze garden is the absolute highlight of this park with a bright blue French chateau (playhouse) at the end. Bring paper and crayons for the scavenger hunt finding impressions of objects for rubbings.
- I loved the big sycamore with shaded seating on the planter.
- There’s a grassy area with benches and beautiful olive trees spotting the park.
- The picnic area is absolutely beautiful with a covered stone building, trellis with wisteria, and grills.
- I would categorize this as an imagination playground – lots of great fun with make believe.
- NO restrooms
- Not a ton of play equipment – no swings, etc.
- Parking on the street
- Bark play surface with wheelchair access
- NO Restrooms
- Shade under the trees, but not in the maze or on the playground
- Amazing picnic area with 2 grills. 3 tables outdoors and a few inside the open air building.
- Easy to view kids while they are playing
Monday 28th of June 2010
Planned a trip to Trader's Joes and figured I'd make a trip over to the maze. There was no one there except an exercise class. Then a neighborhood mom said that I should go to the park down the street b/c no one plays here (but she was there), well no one else showed up in the time we were there. Regardless, my 2 year old found the maze entertaining and he was trying to hide from me, but I could always see his little head bobbing amongst the bushes. Definitely will come back to go to the large park down the street and walk to the maze again to eat lunch. Nice shaded eating area. Thanks! Love this site.
Monday 3rd of August 2009
This is such a wonderful resource. I can't wait to explore it further. Thank you for doing all the research for us park-going moms!