Wildcatters Park in Brea is a unique park with beautiful landscaping, fun play elements and a bit of shade built right into the structures.
How to Get to Wildcatters Park in Brea: Located off of Santa Fe Road, just west of Valencia Avenue. From the 57 freeway, exit at Lambert and head east. Make a left onto Kraemer Blvd, which becomes Santa Fe Road as it winds through the hills. Wildcatters Park will be on your left, just before you come to Valencia Avenue. The playground is near the parking lot on the west side of the football field. (Address: 3301 E. Santa Fe, Brea) MAP TO WILDCATTERS PARK IN BREA
Recommended by: Jaimee (Readers like you make this site possible!)
- Fun tree house elements on the larger structure – can you spot all of the animals living in the tree?
- Log tunnel near the smaller structure – my kids particularly love this!
- Piano and drum play panels
- Some shading built into both structures
- .6 mile Loop Trail which is fun to explore
- 4 baby swings and 3 bench swings
- One accessible swing with the bench swings
- Benches galore – more seating for parents then I’ve ever seen surrounding a playground
- Some parents will like that the playground is sand-free
- This playground is part of a sports complex and may be very busy during games
- Exposed areas of the playground can become extremely hot on very warm days
- Upper section of the larger structure is only accessible via tunnel or rock climbing – be prepared when following smaller explorers
- Two dedicated parking lots (one near the playground, one on the other side of the football field)
- Restrooms (near the playground as well as on the other side of the football field)
- Recycled rubber surfacing
- Drinking fountains
- Concessions during sporting events
- 0.6 mile paved trail
- Picnic benches and BBQs
- Large grassy area just downhill from the play structures
- Football/multi-use field, baseball diamond and full basketball court
- Dog parks
- Official City of Brea Website
- Nearest Public Library: The Brea Branch Library of the OC Public Library is located at 1 Civic Center Circle. Brea Branch Library website
Parks Nearby Wildcatters Park in Brea:
Photo credit: Awesome photos by Lisa Lasater, North County Parks Reporter
Originally published July 2013.