For all the do-it-yourselfers, list-makers, Pinterest-board-breakers (don’t know what that means, but it rhymes) . . .
Some summer fun for kids play ideas for that blank slate . . .
Go to Google Calendar and print out a blank calendar for June through Labor Day.
X It Out
X out at least ONE day a week with no plans. Seriously, that X means something! It means you are giving yourself space to be spontaneous. You are giving your kids time to hang out and play at home or in the yard. You never know what will happen on that X day — but it won’t be planned.
Crowdbusting – Summer Concerts, the OC Fair, and Festival of the Arts
I usually leave this part out because I’m not a fan of crowds, but if these are “musts” of summer for you then put them on the calendar.
- Chapman University Concert Series
- Lantern Bay Park Concerts (Dana Point)
- OC Parks Summer Concert Series
- Music Under the Stars at Mission San Juan Capistrano
- San Clemente Beach Concerts
- Laguna Beach Alliance for the Arts (Summer Schedule – including concerts and art events)
- Over at OCDogFriendly.com — Paige put together a list of all the concert venues in OC this summer
Need Some Motivation?
Do you need a list to conquer — or a goal — for your outdoor wanderings or special outings?
- 4 Ways to Record Your Play Adventures
- Pick a spot on the Playground Map and scout all the parks in your area (or be a Park Scout sending me info on parks I’ve missed)
- Map it out and spend a day at each of the OCParks.com Regional Parks, Beaches, Wilderness Areas or Historic Sites
- Take a trip to every public library in Orange County – the sections are the same, but the collections are different! Check out a book about something in nature and the next day go out and find it in Orange County!
- Visit all the playgrounds with shade covers
- Play at all the splash parks for water play
- Jill over at the Popsicle Blog has 101 Kid-Friendly Things to Do in Orange County! Wow! Now there’s a list.
Nature Play Club
I’m hoping to have my new website open for membership by mid-summer. LOTS going on behind-the-scenes. So save some room for Nature Play!