Stockport Park is a lovely Laguna Hills neighborhood park with a large grassy area and plenty of room to run. NOTE: Stockport Park is under renovation during Summer 2015. The playground is currently closed and there are no picnic tables. It’s a neighborhood haven in the early evening hours with families playing kickball and frisbee. Many use the park for birthday parties and barbecues. I’m re-posting it today because it just got a fresh coat of new bark last week. So I’ve honored the occasion with a new slideshow.
Location: Off Alicia Parkway on Wilkes – within walking distance of Laguna Hills High School. Neighborhoods are gated here – so don’t take Stockport to get there. (Address: 25179 Stockport Street, Laguna Hills). MAP to Stockport Park in Laguna Hills
- Notable for its many play spaces: hopscotch/compass terrace, sand volleyball court, 2 backstops, big kid play area with zip track and tire swing, little kid play area with baby swings and sandbox.
- Nice and shady in the evening with 8 picnic tables in a grove of trees
- I like the feel of this Laguna Hills neighborhood
- NO bathrooms
- Some spiderwebs on the underside of structures
- Definite fall hazards for smaller children on bridge and tower of large structure
- Only accessible off Wilkes from Alicia Parkway (because of gating throughout neighborhood)
- Lawn mowed during Wednesday morning hours
- Limited street parking
- Bark play surface – NEW bark in 3/2009!
- NO bathrooms
- Shade beside and around play areas
- Easy to supervise children
- Excellent picnic area with four grills