Welcome! I'm so glad you are here, but if you are doing your part it means you are staying at home. Keep doing what you are supposed to be doing for the good of public health! Always adhere to official guidelines.
Stockport Park is a lovely Laguna Hills neighborhood park with a large grassy area and plenty of room to run. NOTE: Stockport Park is under renovation during Summer 2015. The playground is currently closed and there are no picnic tables. It’s a neighborhood haven in the early evening hours with families playing kickball and frisbee. Many use the park for birthday parties and barbecues. I’m re-posting it today because it just got a fresh coat of new bark last week. So I’ve honored the occasion with a new slideshow.
Location: Off Alicia Parkway on Wilkes – within walking distance of Laguna Hills High School. Neighborhoods are gated here – so don’t take Stockport to get there. (Address: 25179 Stockport Street, Laguna Hills). MAP to Stockport Park in Laguna Hills
- Notable for its many play spaces: hopscotch/compass terrace, sand volleyball court, 2 backstops, big kid play area with zip track and tire swing, little kid play area with baby swings and sandbox.
- Nice and shady in the evening with 8 picnic tables in a grove of trees
- I like the feel of this Laguna Hills neighborhood
- NO bathrooms
- Some spiderwebs on the underside of structures
- Definite fall hazards for smaller children on bridge and tower of large structure
- Only accessible off Wilkes from Alicia Parkway (because of gating throughout neighborhood)
- Lawn mowed during Wednesday morning hours
- Limited street parking
- Bark play surface – NEW bark in 3/2009!
- NO bathrooms
- Shade beside and around play areas
- Easy to supervise children
- Excellent picnic area with four grills