Oso Viejo Park (Village Green section) and Jeronimo Open Space in Mission Viejo are perfect for outdoor fitness when you pair the resistance machines with a nice walk along the Oso Creek Trail.
The Oso Creek Trail cuts through the Jeronimo Open Space traveling uphill from Oso Viejo Park to Pavion Park. It is a beautiful walk, but also a rather long walk. It’s stroller-friendly, though, and you can always turn around at any point.(Uphill from Oso Viejo to Pavion / Downhill from Pavion to Oso Viejo).
The exercise areas are lined up next to each other. Here is what you get (for free) in this outdoor gym:
- Read about Oso Viejo Park (Norman P. Murray Senior and Community Center) and the Trail.
- If you want to go straight to the exercise equipment, you’d pull into the parking lot on the right as you are driving into the center.
- The outdoor fitness area is called Village Green and sits along the lawn area and sidewalk.
- This area can be busy on weekends because of sports games on the field.
- There are restrooms by the playground outside the Norman P. Murray Center.
- No restrooms along the trail or at Pavion Park.
- Check out Mission Viejo’s interactive map with trails and parks for more info
Location: From the 5 Freeway, take the La Paz exit and head east past Marguerite Parkway. Make a left on Veterans Way. (Address: 24932 Veterans Way, Mission Viejo) MAP to Oso Viejo Park at the Norman P. Murray Community Center in Mission Viejo