Mendocino Park sits in the center of Laguna Hills and I’ve rarely seen it busy. It’s perfect for an after-school escape or when Dinosaur Park down the hill is too busy. Thanks so much to Dara for this great recommendation. She gave us the whole scoop!
Location: If you are coming from Interstate 5, take either the La Paz or Alicia Parkway exit and turn onto Aliso Hills. The park sits between La Paz and Alicia Parkway. [Address: T-intersection where Alameda Avenue meets Aliso Hills Drive] MAP to Mendocino Park in Laguna Hills
Recommended by: Dara
- Play equipment for both toddlers and older children.
- Great sidewalk path around a sports field. The kids loved riding their scooters around it.
- The play equipment for older kids is pretty well enclosed making it a bit safer for adventurous toddlers!
- Any park with a teeter-totter makes my children happy!
- Benches surrounding the park are under the shade of trees.
- The park sits right next to a main road.
- No bathrooms.
- There have been pretty sticky spider webs under the play equipment on some occasions.
- Limited parking on the street.
- Recycled rubber and sand play surface
- NO restrooms
- Drinking fountain on the uphill side of the park near the street
- 3 concrete picnic tables
- Nice walking path within view of the playground
- Some shade from large pines
- Easy to view kids