The Aliso Viejo Aquatic Center pool is open from Memorial Day through Labor Day.
Even after the summer is over, there is a playground and picnic area right outside which provides a place for active kids to get outdoors and enjoy a picnic.
How to Get to the Aliso Viejo Aquatic Center: Located off of Glenwood at Golf – in Aliso Viejo.
Option #1: From Interstate 405, exit at Irvine Center Drive and go west towards the ocean. It will turn into Moulton Parkway and you can turn right onto Glenwood. (Option #2: You can also exit at El Toro and turn left onto Moulton for the right into Glenwood.) From Glenwood, take a right onto Golf and into the Glenwood at Aliso Viejo development.
Option #3 would be to take the 73 Tollroad, exit at Glenwood and head down the hill, making a left onto Golf after crossing Aliso Creek Road.
Once inside the development, drive straight ahead toward the fountain roundabout and park in the large lot. (Address: 29 Santa Barbara Drive, Aliso Viejo) MAP TO THE ALISO VIEJO AQUATIC CENTER POOL
Special note: The aquatic center is open to the public, but residents of the City of Aliso Viejo receive special privileges not available to the public. For instance,
- city residents pay $2 less than non-residents for daily admission.
- only residents may reserve the pool for parties.
- resident season passes cost less per person.
- 25-meter pool
- Recreation pool
- Splash pad
- Toddler wading pool
- The Oasis Cafe (snack bar)
- Locker room facility for use by Aquatic Center guests
- Swim lessons by Premiere Aquatics
- Party reservations for residents only
The smaller playground near the pool is a public city park (see photo below), but the colorful playground near the entrance to this community off Glenwood is PRIVATE.
- Admission to the center for residents is $5 for adults and $3 for children. Non-residents pay $2 more. (For my family that would be a $24 investment.) So plan to stay all day when you go!
- Parking is free in the large lot outside the pool
- NO restrooms outside the pool facility
- Again, consult the AV website for calendars and hours. Limited weekend schedule begins in September.
- Official Premiere Aquatics website for Aliso Viejo Aquatic Center
- My complete local list Splash Parks and Water Play in Orange County
Originally published August 2010.
Aquatic Center & pool photos courtesy of Premiere Aquatics.