Springdale Park in Aliso Viejo is known by two other names: Spiderman Park or Spiderweb Park. Upon driving into the cul-de-sac that features the park, you can immediately tell why. I’ve seen parks with one climbing apparatus, but this is two webs weaved together in brilliant red rope.
Location of Springdale Park in Aliso Viejo: It’s right across from Aliso Town Center off Summerfield (which crosses Aliso Creek Road and turns into Enterprise further up the hill). Exit the center right at Macaroni Grill to cross Aliso Creek Road and drive into the neighborhood. Turn left onto Springdale at the bottom of the hill – into the small cul-de-sac where the park is located. MAP TO SPRINGDALE PARK IN ALISO VIEJO
- The climb ropes are definitely the highlight!
- There’s also a “clubhouse” set apart from the rest of the equipment which we used to play “drive-thru restaurant”
- Nice view of Aliso Viejo and Laguna Hills below
- There’s a concrete tunnel set apart from the playground which kept my kids entertained with climbing and crawling for a long time
- Shade covers!! This park has them on big equipment, over the swings, and small ones over the picnic tables
- 2 baby swings, 2 bench swings
- Bring your sand toys
- Sloped zip track on the bigger kid equipment
- Basketball court (adults were playing there on our visit)
- Benches around the playground areas, but I spend most of my time up and hanging out with the kids.
- The big kid equipment is definitely for bigger kids. Just watch the drops.
- NO real restroom – just a portable toilet.
- It can be busy because of its convenient location. I’ve turned around when it’s crowded and found quieter parks.
- Parking on the street (but I’ve turned away from the park more than once because all the spots are taken)
- Play surface is sand
- Portable toilet
- Drinking fountain
- Basketball court
- Call the Aliso Viejo Community Association to reserve the park (949-243-7750)
- Check out OC Mom’s Activity Guide’s review of this park. Katie is a blogger friend with some great tips.
- Aliso Viejo Community Association Park Map & Amenities
- Aliso Viejo Community Association (AVCA) owns the parks and takes reservations for AVCA members at 949-243-7750
- Nearby public library: Aliso Viejo Public Library
Originally published in 2011.