NOTE: Rush Park improvements took place in 2013/2014.
Rush Park is olden days Americana and families playing softball on lazy weekends. It’s also the only one of Los Alamitos parks I’ve had the pleasure to visit. We stopped at this park on the way back to Orange County from the Aquarium of the Pacific in February 2008. It’s easy an easy on/off the freeway and just a gorgeous setting. It’s idyllic with emerald green lawns spotted with many shade trees. On our first visit in February, we found the playground in a swimming pool of water from rain. On our second visit in July, we were treated to nice shade on a sunny day.
Recommended by: Susie
Location: Take the Seal Beach Blvd. exit off the 405 Freeway. Drive east toward the mountains. Turn left on Rossmoor Center Way which looks like a driveway into the shopping center. Continue past the shops into the neighborhood. Bear a bit to the right and drive onto Mainway Drive. The parking lot is off of Blume Drive. [Address: 3021 Blume Drive, Los Alamitos.] MAP to Rush Park in Los Alamitos
- Ship-themed structures for imaginative play with smaller playground
- Shade cover over picnic area right near park
- Fish-shaped monkey bars and bigger slides for bigger kids
- Nestled in a quiet neighborhood
- Playground surrounded by cute tiled walls – painted by children
- Great “halfway-point” park to meet up with LA friends
- Sometimes in the morning, dirt is muddy/wet by the playground
- The playground floods after HEAVY rain (most probably do)
- Parking in dedicated lot
- Sand play surface
- Restrooms in nearby building
- Water fountain near the restrooms.
- Lots of shade and trees
- Easy to view the kids
- Shade covers over the picnic tables
- Good for small or large birthday parties
- Fitness course winds through the park