Springacre Park in Irvine is one of the many fabulous parks you can find located in the Woodbridge Village community. Well-designed, clean, and just the right size for my preschooler, I will definitely keep this park on my radar when I need to run errands in Irvine. The City of Irvine is recognized as a Playful City U.S.A. by KaBOOM.org and they have a number of park facilities lists on their website.
Location: Taking Interstate 405 exit Culver heading East (toward mountains). Make a right on Main Street and another right on West Yale Loop. Take your first left on Blue Lake South and your next left onto Springacre. The park is immediately on your right. Parking on street. MAP TO SPRINGACRE PARK IN IRVINE
Recommended by: Lisa (her notes are in italics)
- Lisa noted the pirate ship themed play structure with shady sand play underneath. My kids loved the treasure map located in the front of the pirate ship. It was cute watching them plot their pirate adventure!
- 2 baby swings and 2 bouncy riders.
- There is a large grassy area for running around and a winding sidewalk path that would be perfect for scooters or even sidewalk chalk games.
- Shaded picnic area includes a preschool sized picnic bench. Hooray! I wish more parks had this feature because my little guy was actually able to eat his snack without falling between the bench and table.
- Save time to explore the sidewalk paths. There are gorgeous trees with low lying branches and roots that my kids loved to climb on. It also made for some cute photo opportunities.
- Also, there is the most amazing workout equipment lining the paths.
- There are restrooms but you need a community card to access them. Thankfully there were plenty of Moms at the park who were more than willing to open the bathroom for my kids (love that!).
- The equipment is definitely geared toward the preschooler crowd. My 7 year old was ready to go after an hour.
- There is not a lot of parking on the street.
- Parking on the street
- Sand and recycled rubber play surface
- Restrooms (with community card)
- 2 full-sized sand volleyball courts
- Drinking fountain
- Shaded picnic area