Do you know why I love Mother’s Day and holidays and vacations? Because I give myself permission to play. What if you gave yourself permission to play EVERY day?
- Write “nature notes” to yourself or your loved ones with shells, rocks, sticks. Write in the sand, in the snow, in the mud.
- Stack rocks to see how they balance.
- Build sand castles.
- Notice colors, patterns, and dew drops in nature – feel like the world is bigger than you
Find Your Place
- Mine is the beach. With kids or without – I relax. I find peace. I slow down.
- I see the reflections and it reminds me to reflect.
Start today and make it every day — whether it’s 30 seconds or an hour or the whole day. Let your mind wander and let yourself surrender to moments of play.
Tuesday 15th of May 2012
We made it to the beach on Mother's Day and had a great time tidepooling, reflecting and making sand angels! Happy Post-Mom's Day!
Sunday 13th of May 2012
Anything on earth you want to do is play. Anything on earth you have to do is work. Play will never kill you, work will. I have never worked a day in my life. Dr. Leila Denmark (100+, America’s oldest practicing physician)