Arroyo Park in Yorba Linda is right off Yorba Linda Boulevard sharing the parking lot with a police substation.
There’s a wide expanse of grass which serve as soccer fields. I saw a family using the empty field as a place to run and play. The adults led the way along the chalk lines and the children followed like a little train on tracks.
How to Get to Arroyo Park in Yorba Linda: From the 91 Freeway, take Yorba Linda Boulevard towards downtown. The turn-in for the park is in a driveway on your left right between Yorba Ranch Road and San Antonio Road. (Address: 20994 Yorba Linda Blvd.) MAP TO ARROYO PARK IN YORBA LINDA
- Two simple but fun play structures – perfect for toddlers.
- Large greenbelt area that doubles as a sports field.
- Shaded benches with a great view of the playground area – for once I actually felt like I could sit and watch my toddler play instead of just hovering nearby the entire time.
- Nice shaded picnic area available to reserve. This would be a great place for a younger child’s birthday party.
- Located far from the busy street and tucked behind a police and fire station.
- There appears to be an abundance of happy, singing birds that hang out here.
- The large greenbelt area seems like a natural place for coyotes and other wildlife to be, especially in the early mornings or evenings.
- Two baby swings, no bench swings
- Dedicated free parking lot
- Completely recycled rubber play surface (no sand)
- Restrooms are located on the back of the police station which is across the parking lot and not visible from the playground area.
- Horse arena
- Grills/BBQs near the shaded picnic tables
- Official City of Yorba Linda park information for park reservations
Originally posted in November 2010.
Tuesday 9th of November 2010
I've been to this park several times & seem to recall that they *do* have swings. Maybe they took them out since I've been there??
Wednesday 10th of November 2010
You are RIGHT! They do have swings. Thanks so much for correcting me.