Spring must be in the air, because there are all sorts of outdoor family events going on in Orange County this weekend. I rarely attempt calendar posts, because Kelly over at Just Spotted is the QUEEN of OC family event calendars (by the month and by the weekend). There’s just no competing with her amazing lists and links.
However, this particular weekend is so full of events, I just had to give you the outdoor update:
- I’m super-excited about this one! The Orange County Department of Education runs a hands-on environmental education program called “Inside the Outdoors.” They are launching a Nature Scene Investigator (NSI) guidebook at their Get Outdoors OC event on SATURDAY, March 13th from 9am-Noon at the Shipley Nature Center in Huntington Beach Central Park.
- Caspers Wilderness Park offers a return of their Adventure Days with free admission and tons of activities on Saturday from 10am-3pm. I will put up my post tomorrow on their awesome playground. It’s an amazingly scenic location of Ortega Highway and well-worth a family visit.
- OrangeCountyParent.com editor, Lisa, alerted me to the Beehive Family Expo and Fair a charity event and food drive. It’s happening at the Great Park in Irvine this weekend BOTH Saturday and Sunday from 10am-5pm. If you go, say “hi” to Lisa from me. She points out a lot of the free activities in her newsletter and admission is just 2 cans of food. I just wrote about the Great Park – and the scoop on how to get there.
- Pretend City is having their Way to Play Friday TOMORROW. Get your coupon on Just Spotted. Okay, this one’s technically indoors — but the focus is on play.
- The Pretend City Good to Go From Head to Toe Family Wellness Fair is Saturday from 10am-4pm. This is outside in the parking lot. Lots of great stuff going on and raffles, etc.
I don’t know about you, but I see myself criss-crossing around OC this weekend, enjoying the beautiful weather and all the events our county has to offer.
- Friday, Way to Play Day at Pretend City (2-for-1 admission coupon)
- Saturday, Shipley Nature Center Get Outdoors OC from 9am-Noon (FREE)
- Saturday, Caspers Wilderness Park Adventure Day from 10am-3pm (FREE)
- Saturday, Pretend City Health and Wellness Fair from 10am-4pm (FREE-outside events)
- Saturday AND Sunday, Beehive Family Expo and Fair from 10am-5pm (Bring 2 cans food per person for free admission)